South Houston (pearland) kayak fishing club

bushwing

Re: South Houston (pearland) kayak fishing club

Post by bushwing »

We will be at Bass Pro shop for our monthly meeting tomorrow 4-20-17 in the restaurant. Come by and enjoy a evening with us starting at 6:30.
Hope to see you all there.
angler$1960

Post by angler$1960 »

I am interested in kayak fishing, but I have no experience in the sport. I would like to join a group to get experience from those who have been doing this for awhile. I'm in.
LocoSeamonkey

Post by LocoSeamonkey »

angler$1960 wrote:I am interested in kayak fishing, but I have no experience in the sport. I would like to join a group to get experience from those who have been doing this for awhile. I'm in.
Sorry to break it to you, but this club only lasted a couple of years and was dissolved in 2019 I think. There is no longer a South Houston Kayak Club, which sucks because it was a great group of guys to get out and fish with.
impulse

Post by impulse »

These guys are active, and seem to be a great group. It's over an hour for me to get to a meeting, and only 60 seconds to launch a kayak off the back deck, so I never get up to their meetings. I go paddling instead.

If I lived closer...

https://www.packtx.org/Home.aspx

You may also want to hook up with the guys who refer to themselves as the Hobie Navy. Easy to find them by perusing some of the fishing reports, since they share a lot of what's working for them.
shoffer
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by shoffer »

While we do sometimes call ourselves the Hobie Navy, one need not possess a Hobie to fish with us. We tend to night fish as the summer approaches, which is a totally different experience than fishing during the daytime. And guys like Impulse (Rick) are who make our little board a special place.
Mullet Key

Post by Mullet Key »

Shirt-tailing on an old post. The Houston P.A.C.K. Kayak Fishing Club (now in our 22nd year) has conducted trips during the Year of the 'Vid. Our meetings have been virtual, but members are eager to meet in person. I wish everybody out there to be safe, be healthy, fish a lot, take a few home to eat, leave some to make more fish. https://www.packtx.org/Home.aspx We're collecting expert opinion on conducting hybrid in-person / virtual meetings.

We always have room for more members as well as guests on most of our events. Registration on our premium events are filled quickly for a variety of reasons. Check out our photo page. Chris Arceneaux, vice-president
Mschievous

Post by Mschievous »

I have been looking for a group from pearland to kayak/ fish or just kayak with