Paul Brown lures

Do It
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Paul Brown lures

Post by Do It »

Found these in one of my tackle boxes, they’ve been in my garage for about two years and it looks like the heat has pulled oil out of the lures. Are they any good now? Should I try washing them or just dispose of them?
They smell like an old tool box.
D.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SWFinatic

Re: Paul Brown lures

Post by SWFinatic »

I would take a chance on a lure spooking fish due to foreign smell. You might try soaking it in a bucket of gulp juice if you already have some. Otherwise I'd spend $8 and buy a new one.
Ron Mc
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by Ron Mc »

they're likely decomposing, but a little Procure will probably mask any smell.
Decomposing might change the action, making what's left of the lure a little more viscous (stiffer).
Do It
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Do It »

I washed them good with some organic no scent soap and rubbed them down with paper towels. They’re not so slimy and still pretty pliable. I’ll hang on to em and see how they work out.
D.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TroutSupport.com
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by TroutSupport.com »

yeah, they are fine. Several years ago Mirrolure started making them in Costa Rica and they changed the formula to this one and it's likely just excessive plasticizer. It will come out for years and years and will not hurt the lure, nor will it deter the bite. I've caught plenty of fish on them being greasy just like they are. But what you did is just fine... most use dawn but any soap will be just fine to temporarily remove the greasiness.