Solunar Fishing Table for Tomorrow, 9/27

TexasJim

Solunar Fishing Table for Tomorrow, 9/27

Post by TexasJim »

Going fishing tomorrow in Rockport, and looked at a Solunar Table, and Sunrise is at 7:19 AM, and Sunset is at 7:19 PM! Day length is exactly 12 hrs, 00 mins. Unusual. Supposed to be a pretty good fishing day, according to them. However, my results have never been great on the days they predict great fishing. Oh, well, it'll beat staying home and working on honey-do projects.

The only thing left on my Bucket List is winning the big Lottery! TexasJim
Getz-Some55

Re: Solunar Fishing Table for Tomorrow, 9/27

Post by Getz-Some55 »

Wow that is unusual. Winning the lottery haha
karstopo
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by karstopo »

How'd it work out?

As it is, I fish when there's time and the conditions aren't likely to kill me and not when the Solunar tables say it will be good. In my own experience, there have been times when it seems like the bite is really enhanced coinciding with a favorable solunar forecast.

I think I might pay more attention to the Solunar tables if I had more time to fish than inclination. That condition hasn't been met for any length of time, so I go when I can with the Solunar tables possibly just getting peeked at for a second. At this stage, it's hard to imagine a scenario where I had an opportunity to fish and the general conditions looked great, but I pulled the plug on a trip solely because the Solunar forecast was unfavorable.
YakRunabout

Post by YakRunabout »

Ditto from Karstopo - How'd it work out?

As mentioned, often you go when you have the chance - so the solunar and tides don't have much impact.

If I have the option of time and day, I will try and pick a location where the tide movement coincides with the solunar. If there is no such location near, then I will favor the tide flow over the solunar.

A story that may apply - I have done some international travel. I made a couple of trips with this one guy from work where we had long flights and multiple flights. On these flights they may offer food a couple of times and I would accept their offer. Frank would say, but we just ate a couple of hours ago! I was like - that's OK, I can still eat, plus - who knows when the next time will show up!
So the connection to fish - I think that the fish are more like me - the tide flow is like them offering food - so, with the water flow, here comes the food and as a fish, I will eat!! Of course the water movement (food cart) could be from tides or wind!
The solunar is sort of like a meal time - a regular schedule through the day -
TexasJim

Post by TexasJim »

I answered before, but this Forum often loses my responses!

I was sail line fishing Friday, and the wind was Southwest(odd), and to get the wind at my back on the beach, I went to the kayak launch by the Shrimp Farm on Copano Bay. I used a dozen finger mullet. A couple of kayakers came back to the launch and said they didn't do well. I tromped down the beach(?) and set my sail line and quickly had a fish on, so I reeled in and had a 22" Red on. I re-set and caught an 18" Trout. Soon, the wind reverted to the normal SE, so I had to move, and caught a 19-3/4" Red. Why do I almost always catch Reds that are 1/4" short? Oh well, two fish were enough.

I bailed about 2:00 PM. A Hobie yakker was loading and he said he had been out since daylight, and limited on Trout and Reds. Later, at the cleaning station in Conn Brown Harbor(Aransas Pass), lots of fishermen were cleaning big reds and trout.

Maybe the Solunar Tables were fairly close. Like karstopo, I fish when I can, but don't stay home when the soothsayers advise staying home. Fishing, whether in my kayak, my flats skiff, or with my sail line, always beats staying home doing honey-do projects.

TexasJim, home, feeding the Hummingbirds.