What to do with old fishing gear

JimD
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

What to do with old fishing gear

Post by JimD »

I think that I started kayaking about the time Tom bought the board from Richard. 199 or 2000?

I can remember a lot of things I have bought over the year. I am cleaning up my saltwater fishing gear and realize just how much old gear I have ended up with that I will probably never fish with again and what to do with it all (old baits, old rods and reels).

Is there a group or club that would recycle old fishing gear for kids fishing?

JimD
Neumie
Site Admin

Re: What to do with old fishing gear

Post by Neumie »

Try Big Brother and Big Sisters.
Yak Dog

Post by Yak Dog »

I did my clean out last summer, I searched my neighborhood Nextdoor site and found a young lady who’s family wouldn’t buy her a rod and reel due to the cost of having a lot of kids. I gave her a nice Garcia rod and reel combo I didn’t use anymore. I loaded my old tackle box with the old lures, weights, hooks and leaders and took it with me every time I went fishing. There’s a bank fishing / kayak launch spot with some local kids that get dropped off and picked later in the day . These kids are always fishing with stuff they find, so I have them the tackle box . I still have two rod and reel combos left that I carry and will give away when I see an opportunity. You can also check with your local Cub Scout group I’m sure there’s a scout master that will put it to use.
TKFStubb
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by TKFStubb »

Jim D,
You have been great help and an inspirartion over these last 20 years. Thanks!