Flush Mount Rod Holders

Saltstalker

Flush Mount Rod Holders

Post by Saltstalker »

I've searched the fourms with no luck.
Im looking for fmrd's which are sealed at the bottom and have only a 1 9/16" hole.
Any help would be appreciated . Thanks
Neumie
Site Admin

Re: Flush Mount Rod Holders

Post by Neumie »

Saltstalker wrote:I've searched the fourms with no luck.
Im looking for fmrd's which are sealed at the bottom and have only a 1 9/16" hole.
Any help would be appreciated . Thanks
1 9/16" hole? Is that the outside diameter hole size within the kayak to slide the FMRH into or the inside diameter where your fishing rod goes? That seems too small of a hole either way. What kayak are you mounting to or is this a replacement?
Saltstalker

Post by Saltstalker »

No , That is the inside diameter which the rod slides into.
BassPro sells one but it has an open bottom.
I have two on my older kayak which is not at my location right now but i cant remember who the manufacture was.
I use the rod holders as a base to insert 1 1/2" pvc to build up another rack. Thanks
Ron Mc
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by Ron Mc »

Yakgear, Harmony, Sea-Lect, Sea-Dog all have integral end caps - other brand include separate bottom caps.
TexasJim

Post by TexasJim »

There's an outfit called Ocean South that has various types of flush-mount rod holders. I bought a couple years ago to mount forward on my kayak, and bought four last year when I was building my flats skiff. They have a rounded bottom, with a round hole, about 1/2" in diameter. I bought tapered rubber stoppers to plug the ones in my kayak. The four I bought last year were $10.00, shipped, for four! They are pretty large inside, so I reduced the diameter with pvc pipe to fit my rods better.
Ocean South imports lots of hardware and parts from Australia, for cheap, and have a stockpoint in the US.
TexasJim