Tide ? and Galveston fishing this weekend

BradyYak88

Tide ? and Galveston fishing this weekend

Post by BradyYak88 »

Very new to the salt kayaking gig! Bc I live so far from it. Me and a buddy are going to Galveston area sunday (swan lake possibly). Don’t no anything about tide charts but does this mean it’s going to be really shallow on Sunday? Any advice would be awesome! Tips on what to fish with too. We’re bass fisherman haha Image
Neumie
Site Admin

Re: Tide ? and Galveston fishing this weekend

Post by Neumie »

Whether or not there's enough water during low tides depends on the location. And the only way to know if the forecast tides are enough water for Swan Lake is by experience. I'm not familiar with the area, so hopefully someone will chime in, but looking at the aerial map it looks like you should have plenty of water.

One thing to factor in is there's a delay between when high/low tide from forecast at the gauge and your fishing spot. That's fairly close, so it's probably less than 30 minutes.
BradyYak88

Post by BradyYak88 »

Neumie wrote:Whether or not there's enough water during low tides depends on the location. And the only way to know if the forecast tides are enough water for Swan Lake is by experience. I'm not familiar with the area, so hopefully someone will chime in, but looking at the aerial map it looks like you should have plenty of water.

One thing to factor in is there's a delay between when high/low tide from forecast at the gauge and your fishing spot. That's fairly close, so it's probably less than 30 minutes.
Thanks man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Neumie
Site Admin

Post by Neumie »

BradyYak88 wrote:Thanks man!
You should also check out NOAA's Tides & Current website. It shows the forecast tides as well, and IMO, the actual measure tides. Currently at the Pier 21 gauge tides are 1 foot higher than forecast.

Edit: I would use the "Galveston Railroad Bridge" tide gauge as I think it would be a little more comparable to the tides Swan Lake would see.