Flounder fishing Christmas and Cold Pass

JimD
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Flounder fishing Christmas and Cold Pass

Post by JimD »

If you kayak try these old places if you are in the area. They were great in their day and probably still are if you kayak.

When I kayaked and the limit was 10 we used to sit there in Christmas where the Churchill channel starts to run into the bay and catch flounder ALL WINTER on an incoming. Lot of people caught fish off the channel back to where Big Mamma's cabin used to sit and on the other side of the bayou.

May have changed some but I sat within throwing distance of the corner in 3-4 ft of water casting back and all around as the flounder stayed in the deep water of Churchhill and would come out to feed in the edge of the bay all around the area that I am talking about.

Give it a try this fall.

The other place we used to kayak to is Cold Pass where the little pond is that you can see from the road. YOu could wade in but the pond is about 2 ft water and 2 ft of mud. Stand on the sand bar and fish cold pass and behind you if the water covers the little sand bar in front of the pond and the little gut from pond to CP. We also caught some good flounder back in the lake too but that bar in the fall was great fishing during the run.

JimD
TroutSupport.com
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Re: Flounder fishing Christmas and Cold Pass

Post by TroutSupport.com »

Great post Jim... just WAY to early to be hitting those areas... Great areas and anglers should definitely hit them later this fall.. probably in the Nov to mid december time frame. There are some areas in Christmas that might produce earlier.

for those of you on TKF or visiting.. and for those of you that have learned a lot from our TroutSupport.com instructional DVDs... we've started a new fishing club where you get all the current detailed help and the new Mastery Courses are included inside it. Want the Flounder DVD footage.. it's included.. ready to learn what you've been missing.. it's included...

For anyone interested email me at tobin@troutsupport.com It's above and beyond and daily interaction with a professional fishing instructor for those wanting to take their game to the next level.. holla at me.

t
tobin@troutsupport.com
OldTownYakBoi

Post by OldTownYakBoi »

JimD wrote:If you kayak try these old places if you are in the area. They were great in their day and probably still are if you kayak.

When I kayaked and the limit was 10 we used to sit there in Christmas where the Churchill channel starts to run into the bay and catch flounder ALL WINTER on an incoming. Lot of people caught fish off the channel back to where Big Mamma's cabin used to sit and on the other side of the bayou.

May have changed some but I sat within throwing distance of the corner in 3-4 ft of water casting back and all around as the flounder stayed in the deep water of Churchhill and would come out to feed in the edge of the bay all around the area that I am talking about.

Give it a try this fall.

The other place we used to kayak to is Cold Pass where the little pond is that you can see from the road. YOu could wade in but the pond is about 2 ft water and 2 ft of mud. Stand on the sand bar and fish cold pass and behind you if the water covers the little sand bar in front of the pond and the little gut from pond to CP. We also caught some good flounder back in the lake too but that bar in the fall was great fishing during the run.

JimD
Thanks for the information Jim, I’ve been wanting to hit these areas but haven’t had a good fishing kayak until this summer. You can bet come late fall and early winter I’ll be out there. Hopefully to catch some flatties and big ole trout.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
OldTownYakBoi

Post by OldTownYakBoi »

JimD wrote:If you kayak try these old places if you are in the area. They were great in their day and probably still are if you kayak.

Give it a try this fall.

JimD
Thanks for the information Jim, I’ve been wanting to hit these areas but haven’t had a good fishing kayak until this summer. You can bet come late fall and early winter I’ll be out there. Hopefully to catch some flatties and big ole trout.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk