Wilderness Systems vs. Hobie vs. Old town

2 Weight Willie

Post by 2 Weight Willie »

I have been looking at all of these brands very closely and based on wilderness Systems 2021 models I am going to have to say they are winning me over...here is my rankings
9.1 Wilderness Systems- why- great designs and reasonable prices
8.6 Old town-why- pretty good yaks, but the sportsman series was just topwaters painted differently. Kind of a disappointment
6.7 Hobie-why- over all sleek looking things, but way, way to expensive. With hobie you are basically buying a brand
shoffer
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Re: Wilderness Systems vs. Hobie vs. Old town

Post by shoffer »

Sea Striker Jingo is the same as Waterloo. Weird name, similar picture and see below: registered on same day, with 6 rapid posts, and one of them is the same one that Waterloo started:

Ron Mc
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by Ron Mc »

The bot owner is randomly posting every commercial product he can come up with, trying to earn marketing funds for internet exposure from the manufacturers.

It detracts from on-topic discussions among active TKF members.
We should all find relevant topics and post to top them until TKF Admin decides to finally ban the spammer's IP Address

the only interest of this individual is to exploit TKF bandwidth
Last edited by Ron Mc on Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
2 Weight Willie

I changed my name and I am posting things because I enjoy it. Why do ya'll keep picking on me. What in the world and yes I have been messaged by the admin already. I am a real person. I am not "ai" I mean ask I question ai wouldn't know come on
2 Weight Willie

If ya'll want me to post more relevant information just ask
shoffer
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by shoffer »

Then why are you posting crap you copied from other internet sites? How on earth is that relevant and why would you think that is helpful? I suspect this is your handiwork also.
Capture3.JPG
Please go dine on a tube steak.
shoffer
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by shoffer »

And here is a question for you - what is the day job of Prof. Salt?
Ron Mc
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by Ron Mc »

shoffer, please find a relevant topic to add on topic content and top above the spam.

This individual is only here to exploit TKF bandwidth to earn a few pennies.
Needs to be ignored other than reporting its posts as spam.
it doesn't have feelings to get hurt, etc.
It begins nonsensical topics trying to fool us that it has thoughts and feeling about subjects that interest us, and starts even more topics with its primary spam directive
Last edited by Ron Mc on Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:05 am, edited 3 times in total.
2 Weight Willie

I haven't a clue even who "professor salt" is and I am freaking 13. I post things based on what I HAVE USED THROUGH PERSONAL EXPERIENCE. And NO I HAVE NO CLUE WHAT THE HECK THAT EMAIL IS. IF YOU WANT ME TO PUT ON REGULAR FISH TIPS, NOT MY THOUGHTS OK JUST ASK NICELY. AND IF I WAS A "BOT" WOULD I BE SO PERSISTENT. COME ON YOU HAVE TO BELIEVE ME I AM NOT A BOT AND I WOULDN'T HAVE A FIRST CLUE ON HOW TO EVEN MAKE ONE.
2 Weight Willie

really Ron mc not a beta bott
SWFinatic

Post by SWFinatic »

Guys I've looked into this and I believe this is not a bot. I've asked him to slow down a little on the post and ease into it and he has agreed. I'll be watching to see if he follows what I've asked him to do. I'm sure he will.
shoffer
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by shoffer »

Very well.
Ron Mc
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by Ron Mc »

SWFinatic wrote:Guys I've looked into this and I believe this is not a bot. I've asked him to slow down a little on the post and ease into it and he has agreed. I'll be watching to see if he follows what I've asked him to do. I'm sure he will.
the simple math says you're incorrect - one post to look like interest in our interests, 4 posts spamming commercial products
SWFinatic

Post by SWFinatic »

Ron Mc wrote:
SWFinatic wrote:Guys I've looked into this and I believe this is not a bot. I've asked him to slow down a little on the post and ease into it and he has agreed. I'll be watching to see if he follows what I've asked him to do. I'm sure he will.
the simple math says you're incorrect - one post to look like interest in our interests, 4 posts spamming commercial products
He is replying to my specific messages and providing legit responses. We'll see.
Ron Mc
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by Ron Mc »

thanks for actively pursuing this - note none of the commercial product threads begins with I want to buy a...instead it's all what do you think about this? he's getting paid minuscules of a penny every time that brand gets repeated on the thread.
I haven't over-analyzed this, because we see it on other forums - maybe I've over-simplified it.
OldTownYakBoi

Post by OldTownYakBoi »

Ron Mc wrote:thanks for actively pursuing this - note none of the commercial product threads begins with I want to buy a...instead it's all what do you think about this? he's getting paid minuscules of a penny every time that brand gets repeated on the thread.
I haven't over-analyzed this, because we see it on other forums - maybe I've over-simplified it.
It has to be a bot. The post are very generic and copy paste like. A 13 year old would not just come spamming some random forum out of curiosity. Any normal 13 year old human would ask an actual question, and interact in stride without it feeling like it’s being read off a script. Ban

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2 Weight Willie

So a bot would be this persistent you know I really don't care if you think I am a bot or not because I am not a bot and the only opinion that matters is mine and at least admin believes me. Thank you admin.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
2 Weight Willie

I have also realized in my time fishing that a lot of grown men have bo clue what they are doing when fishing wrong times and spots. So I decided to try to teach people on this forum but I quickly realized that the people here are already educated. So I just went to products that either my friend have tried or me. And I wanted ya'lls opinion. I do not earn money. I mean look at how my paragraphs are worded. I AM NOT NOT NOT A BOT

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Tombo

Post by Tombo »

Following.
screwston420

Post by screwston420 »

i dont know a single 13 year old that speaks like that... thats for sure lmao
shoffer
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by shoffer »

And now, his name is 2 Weight Willie, his third name change in about three weeks.
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (31.08 KiB) Viewed 5985 times
Pull the plug on this douche.
Ron Mc
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by Ron Mc »

This thread that he OP'd is a perfect example of a lame thread, and he began a few of these.
It's noteworthy that his profile shows he was reading the board last evening, and hasn't posted in 10 days.

I honestly thought it was a computer bot, because of the predominantly (totally?) lame posts, and more than a few faux pas, but it's been borne out that he's really a kid with a lot to learn, including how to get along in a community like TKF - a mix of e-friends and on-the-water fishing buds. As a group, we have a great deal of knowledge, opinions based on experience, and a desire to share with our friends.
Jerry "took him under his wing" to explain a few of these things.
I got a call from Blake about the situation, which covered pretty much everything I just stated, before we got to the fun conversation about fishing and new truck.
I was the first calling for ban, but don't think that's necessary now, with the applied reins and a demonstrated effort that he's trying to fit in.

I wouldn't have a problem with a few of his lame posts and threads being removed from the forum archive, and I also don't like the idea of multiple log-ins. I've seen multiple log-ins used to intentionally create dismay on forums, but I believe his were trying to hide his faux pas.
Prof. Salt
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Post by Prof. Salt »

shoffer wrote:And here is a question for you - what is the day job of Prof. Salt?
I'm an Associate Professor of Surgical Technology and the Allied Health Department Chair at Del Mar College. I got the nickname as a mix of my day job and my love of paddling in the salt. For the record, I'm not AI or even half robot. :D Just so the new guys know.
Ron Mc
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by Ron Mc »

you make landing kings look pretty automatic.
Don't take this the wrong way, but I've looked at some of your older videos (back when you showed sponsors), and you weren't nearly as slick.
Prof. Salt
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Post by Prof. Salt »

You're right Ron, and for me that's a good reason to leave them up. We all learn and develop skills while we gain experience. Some of the new guys developing their skills have access to the "before I figured this out" videos, both for a laugh and also to learn. If we can't laugh at ourselves, we are taking life too seriously.