Anyone have some helpful info on the best places to fish from the kayak in the corpus area. Tides spots lures etc..?

2 Weight Willie

Anyone have some helpful info on the best places to fish from the kayak in the corpus area. Tides spots lures etc..?

Post by 2 Weight Willie »

Needing some help with finding spots to fish and best tide cycle.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Ron Mc
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Re: Anyone have some helpful info on the best places to fish from the kayak in the corpus area. Tides spots lures etc..?

Post by Ron Mc »

Neumie's interactive map should get you going.

If you want some general rules, fish the skinnier flats and shoreline on rising tides, and fish the deeper flats on falling tide.
Passes are always a great place to fish on strong tide movement. You fish the inside of the passes on rising tide, and the outside of the passes on falling tide.

Tobin's free youtube is a great start to understanding tides and structure.

that's one heck of a long thread title.
SWFinatic

Re: Anyone have some helpful info on the best places to fish from the kayak in the corpus area. Tides spots lures etc..?

Post by SWFinatic »

That map has some good spots. Fish are actively feeding right now. Friend of mine went yesterday (Aransas). 3 of them caught their limit of reds and black drum along with 6 oversize reds. Go if you can.

As far as tides either incoming or outgoing. There's fine details to fishing each but in general you'll be fine with a moving tide. As long as there's no slack tide. Check tides levels here. https://tidesandcurrents.noaa.gov/map/

Find bait, find current and you'll find fish.
2 Weight Willie

Thanks ya'll. I will try it out!

2 Weight Willie

Re: RE: Re: Anyone have some helpful info on the best places to fish from the kayak in the corpus area. Tides spots lure

Ron Mc wrote:Neumie's interactive map should get you going.

If you want some general rules, fish the skinnier flats and shoreline on rising tides, and fish the deeper flats on falling tide.
Passes are always a great place to fish on strong tide movement. You fish the inside of the passes on rising tide, and the outside of the passes on falling tide.

Thanks so much that map is very very useful

2 Weight Willie

Re: RE: Re: Anyone have some helpful info on the best places to fish from the kayak in the corpus area. Tides spots lure

Ron Mc wrote:Neumie's interactive map should get you going.

As for the "thread" I like to sow long quilts ;)Ha