Kayak Fishing the Marsh, Plus Video of a lot of reds being caught

TX All Water Fishing

Kayak Fishing the Marsh, Plus Video of a lot of reds being caught

Post by TX All Water Fishing »

One thing I have learned over the years by fishing in the marsh is not to give up. I push back as far as I can, that's one reason I like fishing from a peddle drive kayak. Even if the water level is too low when I get into a back area of the marsh I know I can use my drive to get back to the launch quicker & easier. On this trip the water temp was 54 degrees and we weren't seeing a lot of fish, bait included. We kept pushing to the back, far to the back and we ran into a huge school of reds. They were hammering bait, small shrimp, fresh hatch shad, and small mullet. I must have tried 6-8 different baits and I couldn't get them to bite. We were in less than a foot of water and it was very dirty. 2 different purple lures with a chart tail scented with garlic scent worked on a few...but when I put on a Vudu Shad by Egret Baits (rattle inside) I started hammering them. It got crazy. I had my best day ever catching reds. I totaled 12 slot reds all footballs. 6 were between 23.75-26.75 inches and 1 was 29.5 inches, the rest 21-23 inches. It was a blast. I made it a 2 part video because it was so much footage
Video Link Below
https://youtu.be/TxiVpNv806s
Attachments
TXF1.jpg
thmb1.jpg