Brazoria side of SLP

thinshavings

Brazoria side of SLP

Post by thinshavings »

Is it legal to launch a kayak from the Brazoria County side of San Luis Pass??
Chubs

Re: Brazoria side of SLP

Post by Chubs »

I think you mean Follet's Island side?

I'm pretty sure you can. You aren't allowed to swim there and I don't think you can fish from the bank either past the signs, but I didn't see any signs that say you can't launch a boat or kayak, or no trespassing.

That said, I've never done it and it's been awhile since I've been there, so if you see any signs to the contrary I'd advise you follow what they say.
thinshavings

Post by thinshavings »

The reason I ask is Brazoria County says:
"In accordance with Section 31.092, Texas Parks and Wildlife Code, no person shall enter, from
the beach, the waters of the San Luis Pass in any area marked on the attached map for any
activity, including bathing, wade fishing, and/or swimming."
ChrisMtz

Post by ChrisMtz »

I've fished from that beach many times in the past, but I did find what your talking about with Brazoria county not wanting anyone in the water there. I wonder if it is a recent change or what and is it even being enforced? From a safety stand point, it would be smarter to launch from the county park boat ramp instead of the SLP beach. The county website also said the boat ramp should open back up in February. So, hopefully that's true.
https://www.brazoriacountytx.gov/Home/S ... nt?id=6258
thinshavings

Post by thinshavings »

ChrisMtz wrote:I've fished from that beach many times in the past, but I did find what your talking about with Brazoria county not wanting anyone in the water there. I wonder if it is a recent change or what and is it even being enforced? From a safety stand point, it would be smarter to launch from the county park boat ramp instead of the SLP beach. The county website also said the boat ramp should open back up in February. So, hopefully that's true.
https://www.brazoriacountytx.gov/Home/S ... nt?id=6258
It's in section 1 of the link you posted. The part that raises concern about using Brazoria county side to launch a kayak is it says "any activity".