Kayak Fishing Tournaments | Recap of Saltwater Survival Series plus Video

TX All Water Fishing

Kayak Fishing Tournaments | Recap of Saltwater Survival Series plus Video

Post by TX All Water Fishing »

For awhile now I've been on the fence about fishing in a few tournaments, I'm no expert and I don't have honey holes or secret spots- I've just been wanting to check them out and challenge myself. This year I made a goal to fish as many tournaments my schedule would let me. I fished my 1st this passed Saturday, Saltwater Survival Series RedFish Tournament. I also wanted to capture the event and give a quick recap for anyone interested in fishing in these tournaments or just tournament fishing in general. Plus I wanted to help support local tournament scene too.
Not knowing what to expect I was very pleased how organized the tournament was ran and the amount of sponsors/give aways they had. Although I didn't bring a fish to weigh in I still had a great time and it was a very fun experience. Meeting new people and catching up with anglers I haven't seen in awhile. They have 3 more tournaments this year and I'm going to try to fish in the rest as well as fish in other tournaments in our Galveston area. Their next one is May 29th it's a trout tournament but they have side pots for flounder, reds, and Texas Slam which no one won so they're rolling that pot over.
Video Link Below of Full Recap
https://youtu.be/8ThLBX8Rtpg
Attachments
pro2_Moment(2).jpg
thumb.jpg