Design and 3D Printing Lures

Ron Mc
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Re: Design and 3D Printing Lures

Post by Ron Mc »

Looking good.
Tobin posted he made 1000 prototypes before getting TSL where he wanted it.
Though most of them were probably getting the plastic formulation just where he wanted it.
richg99
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by richg99 »

I'm sorry I missed your earlier posts when you were just getting started with the 3D printer. I have two 3D printers and have made all sorts of things, including lure molds. It is just plain fun to think of a "something" in the morning and own it in the afternoon.

Are you injecting your lures, or making them one-sided? I had the most success with one-sided, but I didn't own an injector. What printer do you own?

My projects and interests range far from just lures. Simply love the machine, though.
richg99
Attachments
e&j first place.jpg
skeg model 9.jpg
TrophySueHoleOne1.jpg
Neumie
Site Admin

Post by Neumie »

richg99 wrote:I'm sorry I missed your earlier posts when you were just getting started with the 3D printer. I have two 3D printers and have made all sorts of things, including lure molds. It is just plain fun to think of a "something" in the morning and own it in the afternoon.

Are you injecting your lures, or making them one-sided? I had the most success with one-sided, but I didn't own an injector. What printer do you own?

My projects and interests range far from just lures. Simply love the machine, though.
richg99
I am injecting the soft plastics at around 325 degrees. Believe it or not, I'm just using a cheap stainless steel marinade injector (cut the tip off); it works really well and only cost $13.

My sister owns the printer and it's a Bibo Dual Injector

The eel mold with removable hook slot plate and rattle insert:

Crab mold with extra venting (designed to be rigged either on the sides or the rear):
richg99
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by richg99 »

Neat, you are way ahead of me on these injectable molds.
2 Weight Willie

Re: RE: Re: Design and 3D Printing Lures

Post by 2 Weight Willie »

Neumie wrote:It's been awhile since I've made an update, but I've prototyped an eel and crab lure. These printed lures are the "finished" product, but I can already see issues with making a mold. Some modifications are necessary, but it's a good start.

Anyways, here's the whole family of lures; shad, eel, shrimp, and crash.
That crab looks amazing Image

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Neumie
Site Admin

Post by Neumie »

Thinking of going a different route for the shad lure. Something to distinguish it from a traditional paddle tail. It's still just a 3D rendering, but I may print a lure and go from there. It's right at 4" long.

richg99
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by richg99 »

Looking good. I'm a believer in anything that is different from what they see every day, should be good