Born Again

CaptJack
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Born Again

Post by CaptJack »

Born Again

Holy Water Jerry, a Cajun highlander from Rapides Parish in central Louisiana, was an older, single gentleman who was born and raised a Baptist, living in South Louisiana. Each Friday night after work, he would fire up his outdoor grill and cook a venison steak.

Now, all of Jerry's neighbors were Catholic... ..and since it was Lent, they were forbidden from eating meat on Fridays. The delicious aroma from the grilled venison steaks was causing such a problem for the Catholic faithful that they finally talked to their priest.

The priest came to visit Jerry, and suggested that Jerry convert to Catholicism.

After several classes and much study, Jerry attended Mass... and as the priest sprinkled holy water over Jerry, he said, "You were born a Baptist and raised a Baptist, but now you are Catholic."

Jerry's neighbors were greatly relieved, until Friday night arrived, and the wonderful aroma of grilled venison filled the neighborhood.

The priest was called immediately by the neighbors and, as he rushed into Jerry's yard, clutching a rosary and prepared to scold Jerry, he stopped in amazement and watched. There stood Jerry, clutching a small bottle of water which he carefully sprinkled over the grilling meat, and chanted: "You were born a deer, and raised a deer, but now you are a catfish."
Fishmastr1

Post by Fishmastr1 »

That was funny!! I gess thats a redneck/catholic/baptist. 8) :lol:
Harold Ray
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by Harold Ray »

I enjoyed that. Thanks! Brightened my morning and sent me off with a smile.

Ray
Night Wing
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Night Wing »

I needed the "brightening" up this afternoon. My internet woes are killing me and have been killing me since mid December of last year! :cry:
Chip Pitcairn

Post by Chip Pitcairn »

A Priest, a Pentecostal Preacher and a Rabbi all served as chaplains to the students of the University of Georgia in Athens. They would get together two or three times a week at the Varsity for coffee and to talk shop.

One day, someone made the comment that preaching to people isn't really all that hard. A real challenge would be to preach to a bear. One thing led to another and they decided to do an experiment. They would all go out into the woods, find a bear, preach to it, and attempt to
convert it.

Seven days later, they're all together to discuss the "experience".

Father Flannery, who has his arm in a sling, is on crutches, and has various bandages, goes first. "Well," he says, "I went into the woods to find me a bear. And when I found him I began to read to him from the Catechism. Well, that bear wanted nothing to do with me and began to slap me around. So I quickly grabbed my holy water, sprinkled him and, Holy Mary Mother of God, he became as gentle a lamb. The bishop is coming out next week to give him first communion and confirmation."

Reverend Billy Bob spoke next. He was in a wheelchair, with an arm and both legs in casts, and an IV drip. In his best fire and brimstone oratory he claimed, " WELL brothers, you KNOW that we don't sprinkle! I went out and I FOUND me a bear. And then I began to read to my bear from God's HOLY WORD! But that bear wanted nothing to do with me. So I took HOLD of him and we began to wrestle.. We wrestled down one hill, UP another and DOWN
another until we came to a creek. So I quick DUNKED him and BAPTIZED his hairy soul. And just like you said, he became as gentle as a lamb. We spent the rest of the day praising Jesus"

They both looked down at the rabbi, who was lying in a hospital bed. He was in a body cast and traction with IV's and monitors running in and out of him. He was in bad shape. Rabbi Lipschitz looks up and struggles to speak to the others.

"Looking back on it, circumcision may not have been the best way to start things out"
Chip Pitcairn
Harold Ray
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by Harold Ray »

Chip, that was great! Thanks!

Ray
Pappameaux

Post by Pappameaux »

I don't care who you are, them was funny! I've got to start readin this side of the TKF more often. Thanks C.J. and C.P. :D
Fla-Fish
TKF 8000 Club
TKF 8000 Club

Post by Fla-Fish »

Pappameaux wrote:I don't care who you are, them was funny! I've got to start readin this side of the TKF more often. Thanks C.J. and C.P. :D

You can say that again son got tears in my eyes from laughing so hard on the last one.
ROFLMAO
PM going for short paddle this week starting to feel better.
pitontheprowl
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by pitontheprowl »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: