Late Notice Request for Fly Fishing Assistance - Baytown

Chief Brody
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Late Notice Request for Fly Fishing Assistance - Baytown

Post by Chief Brody »

Hi folks,

Yakke-T (Tracey) is teaching a fishing class this week to a group of 7th to 10th graders at one of her summer camps - probably 10 kids. The first day is fly fishing - and while she has an understanding of the principles and some experience, someone with more experience and knowledge would make the class much better for the kids.

She's has reached out to several groups (including TPW - we are both involved with the Angler Ed program), without success. We were talking this morning and remembered our old friends at TKF and thought we would reach out to see if anyone could help.

What we are looking for is someone that can help instruct about 10 kids the basics of flyfishing TOMORROW (Monday), in Baytown. There will be a classroom portion, then the class will head out to a local pond to practice what they've learned. If one of you folks can help with part or all of that it would be fantastic. Yakke-T has the equipment, pretty sure she would buy you lunch...

So if there is someone out there that has the time and can help, please either pm me or Yakke-T on here, or you can call me at 832-874-7420 and I'll put you in touch with her.

Appreciate any assistance folks - nice to see TKF is still going strong.

Chief Brody (aka Marc)
rayb

Re: Late Notice Request for Fly Fishing Assistance - Baytown

Post by rayb »

Hey Chief have you talked with the Houston fly fishing group?
https://texasflyfishers.org/
Chief Brody
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Re: Late Notice Request for Fly Fishing Assistance - Baytown

Post by Chief Brody »

She did try them - didn't get a reply.