Late Phillipson venerable glass

Ron Mc
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Re: Late Phillipson venerable glass

Post by Ron Mc »

JW FunGuy wrote:
Dandydon wrote:This is the kind of TKF energy and information that used to be featured DAILY on TKF! Super thread on flyrods...

Now we're lucky to receive a great TKF post or fishing report ONCE A WEEK!

What's happened to these once-great hobby websites? Have Facebook and YouTube killed them? Is this why TKF may cease to exist?

I'd appreciate some member feedback before I commit to buying and running this website. It is troubling to me. Our Uber-guide Tobin Strickland has chimed in and agrees with these sentiments.
Anybody else?

Thanks, men!
Don this could be a thread all in itself, and it is a good question. And the answer I can only speculate. I don’t think Facebook has anything to offer and I still think a lot of the folks on the TKF Facebook probably don’t even know there is a Forum. And yes, YouTube probably has take away from some of the good old fashioned “reports” but I think only in the sense of entertainment, most of the time there is not much in the way of any education to be gleaned from them. And then how many just come, read, learn and leave? I know a year and a half ago when I first decided to get a sit on top kayak and try my hand in the salt I was trolling and perusing this site constantly gathering all the info I could. And I still do! I don’t (yet) do reports on my fishing exploits because they are usually more of a fail then something to show off. :? I finally got a waterproof camera so I don’t have that excuse anymore so maybe all that will change. I usually only post something when I feel my past or things that I have been educated in might have something to offer. Or sometimes just to disagree with Ron! :D But, letting this site die won’t solve any of those issues. I think with more openness and more communication and encouragement we can see TKF become the hub for all things kayak fishing. And God knows there are enough Kayak Fishers out there!
Happy New Year all.

Thanks Don, keeping this site alive is an important effort.
Jerry, I always look forward to your posts, too, bro.
Any chance we can catch up on the tailwater early next week? (I have the flexible job hours advantage)

and since p.2 needs a photo,
Phillipson E80, my go-to white bass rod, never cataloged, and one of Bill's pet projects before he sold the company to 3M.
Image probably the only more desirable 8' Phillipsons are DFS (dry fly special) and EF-80S (salt) - the latter I sold like a dummy.
bones72

Post by bones72 »

Dandydon wrote:This is the kind of TKF energy and information that used to be featured DAILY on TKF! Super thread on flyrods...

Now we're lucky to receive a great TKF post or fishing report ONCE A WEEK!

What's happened to these once-great hobby websites? Have Facebook and YouTube killed them? Is this why TKF may cease to exist?

I'd appreciate some member feedback before I commit to buying and running this website. It is troubling to me. Our Uber-guide Tobin Strickland has chimed in and agrees with these sentiments.
Anybody else?

Thanks, men!
Below, my Kinkaid High School Yearbook, ha ha...Image

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

I despise most social media I'll be darned if you ever see me on Facebook or YouTube.
Ron Mc
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by Ron Mc »

Been having a blast with the Harnell 1652 Broz-Glas - it's a great tailwater trout rod, does everything right - mends with a wrist flick, subtle accurate casting, and even snappy nymphing.
Only got out for 3 hours yesterday morning fishing dolomite ruts, but never got snagged (except in fish mouth).
I brought it home with the same midge dropper rig, ready to go out again.