Flexo Crab

karstopo
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Flexo Crab

Post by karstopo »

Been seeing these around some various sites, sometimes stuck in the jaw of some fish. I ordered up the tubing and tied a few of my own.

I struggled with these in general and specifically getting them to ride horizontally and hook point up in the water. Makes me wonder about some of the tying videos I’ve seen of these of these flexo crabs.

Ended up using a tiny amount of powdered tungsten to get them balanced and the hook to go point up. They actually look pretty good in the water. Went clawless on these, could add a claw later, not sure that’s a deal breaker with fish.

Thinking the pink ones might meet with success on whiting in the surf or the odd pompano.

Might be a dud, I’ve been there before too. Still, it’s fun to mess around with new materials.
kickingback
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Re: Flexo Crab

Post by kickingback »

I like them! They will catch for sure! It's a challenge to tie a fly the exact way it was originally tied but variations are where you find the sweet spot. I would fish thos in a heartbeat! :clap:
Prof. Salt
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Post by Prof. Salt »

They look good. Let us know what the fish think!
Ron Mc
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by Ron Mc »

no offense Prof, the fish respond to the operator of the fly more than its appearance.
Prof. Salt
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Post by Prof. Salt »

Hey now, just because I was playing with realism on a pattern or two doesn't mean I can't appreciate a nice fly. I still fish a box full of Clousers! :D
karstopo
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by karstopo »

Size 2 fiddler types. Purple Micro glitter on the legs. I hate these crabs, lol. Image