Great SrtiperWhite Bass fly

Barry
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Great SrtiperWhite Bass fly

Post by Barry »

Hey Guys
I've been meaning to post this since we started talking about the WB trips later on this spring.
Richard Hart developed the pattern for catching Stripers below the various dams we used to fish. He called it the "Hart's Ghost Minnow". It's a very easy pattern to tie, it's quick, cheap and can be tied with many different materials and in many sizes.
I tie them on #14's for Rainbow, #6's for Sandies and small Striper and on # 4's for the larger Stripers and offshore Saltwater fish (in the #4's it makes a great Glass Minnow imitation).
This is where using the clear mono thread pays off. It let's the color of the material below show through.
Attachments
Tied on a #6 hook with a Tungsten bead & synthetic material to let it  sink quick for White Bass.
Tied on a #6 hook with a Tungsten bead & synthetic material to let it sink quick for White Bass.
Tied on a #6 hook with a Tungsten bead & synthetic material to let it  sink quick for White Bass.
Tied on a #6 hook with a Tungsten bead & synthetic material to let it sink quick for White Bass.
Puck

Post by Puck »

I have caught most ot the stripers and whites using these flies. I used to live very close to Toledo Bend and fished the tailrace often with a fly. I pulled these straight from my fly box.
Attachments
These show the size and color
These show the size and color