TexasKayakFisherman.com est. 2000

Kayak fishing the Lone Star State...

By Kayak Kid
Wonder if anyone could give me some info about the rainbow trout that the state is stocking around Houston. Anyone tried it yet? If so, any luck? If so, what fly did you use.
Thanks....Kayak Kid
By Barry
KK
The link below is the schedual for the Trout stockings.
Trout Stocking Schedual
As far as flys go, I've had the most luck with #20-#16 Drys and #14-#12 Nymphs. You'll be good shape if you "Match the Hatch".
By Guest
"Match the Hatch", you say? For stocked trout, that would be the devilishly difficult to tie "Corn Fly" (a yellow egg-pattern, size 16 scud hook), wouldn't it? Equally difficult but perhaps more effective would be the "Trout-Pellet Fly" (green micro-chenille wrapped around a size 16 or 18 scud hook). :roll:

M-D
By fishin'
The garlic cheese pattern is always a winner for the stocked fingerlings. :lol: :lol: :lol:

fishin'
By M-D
The use of garlic-cheese scent would be cheating, wouldn't it, Fred? :lol:

M-D
By Barnacle Bill
I guess the trout like garlic-cheese breath.. I know my gf doesn't.. wooo hoo :wink:
By fishin'
:lol: :lol: :lol: I'm sorry.....I try to leave the little trout alone. Lately, the big trout too. :cry:

fishin'
By Barry
Anonymous wrote:"Match the Hatch", you say? For stocked trout, that would be the devilishly difficult to tie "Corn Fly" (a yellow egg-pattern, size 16 scud hook), wouldn't it? Equally difficult but perhaps more effective would be the "Trout-Pellet Fly" (green micro-chenille wrapped around a size 16 or 18 scud hook). :roll:

M-D

MD
If Corn Fly's" & "Trout-Pellet Fly's" are hatching, "match them" (LOL)
A #16 Bully Spider tied with Burnt Orange, micro-chenille is my go-to Corn fly. Ask "Ole Al" how they work.
By Kayak Kid
Gentlemen (and I use the term with a great deal of poetic liscense),

Thanks for the info. Most appreciated...........Kayak Kid
Indexed paddle grips

those look pretty perfect - good job

PA14 PVC distance?

Thanks for all the help fellas. Picked them up yes[…]

Radar 135

PM sent.

again Tom, shoffer is entirely correct, but all t[…]