Cabela's stowaway rod 7 piece

fish-o-matic

Cabela's stowaway rod 7 piece

Post by fish-o-matic »

I own two of the rods. A 5 weight and an 8. For those of you looking for a great rod at an awesome price, this is it. I was a little worried about it being a 7 piece but I will tell you I have had no problems. I have had a few guides cast the rod as well as some seasoned fisherman and everyone seems to like the rod. Cast great and no technical problems. They also have a rich look. The kicker is the price. Right now only $89.00 on sale. $55 off the regular price. These rods break down into 7 pieces that fit into a 20" rod tube. Rods go up to a 10 weight. Very nice for those who travel. If anything it would make a great back up rod for you guys who must fish with high dollar stuff as a first choice.

If you want the rod, go to Cabela's web site and enter product code
1AE-315261. This is the discount code. They e-mail me specials so any other code you use may give you the orginal price. You may have to call to do the order.

Check it out! I thought I'd pass the word ...

DC
Greg

Post by Greg »

What reel do you use with the 8 wt.?
fredtoo
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by fredtoo »

Greg,

If you are looking for a great quality, well priced reel (or maybe even just some reel advice), please contact my buddy Mike Scott at

mikescottsflyshop@yahoo.com

and tell him I sent you.

No, I don't get a commission, but I know great service and even better prices !

good luck,
fredtoo
fish-o-matic

Reel

Post by fish-o-matic »

I use the Cabela's SR2. Zero problems with it too. Pretty big bang for the buck here as well. $160.00 if I remember. I did have a friend not clean his well....When he went to remove the center screw to clean it, he twisted the head of of it. I just keep it lubed a bit and I have never had a problem.

I am thinking about getting something a little pricer. It goes against what I believe in when buying equip. but I just can't help myself when I put something like a ross, or sage in my hand. I'll need a raise first.

Anyone have any input on the Van Staal reels? They look good. I've yet to hold one.

Later......
DC