Don't forget this Saturday........

Animal Chris
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Don't forget this Saturday........

Post by Animal Chris »

Our 12th Annual Fly Tying Festival will be Saturday, February 7th at the Holiday Inn on I-10 at Antoine. We have nearly 50 tiers scheduled for this event, including A.K. Best, our featured tier. We have tiers coming from all over Texas, one from New Mexico, one from Kansas, and possibly a couple from Louisiana and Arkansas. We also have several vendors selling everything from artwork to tying materials. Barkley Souders has promised to clean out his garage, and should have some real equipment bargains, as he has in the past.

Special presentations are as follows:
11:00-12:00 a.m. Steve Flanagan Saltwater Flies
1:00-2:00 p.m. A.K. Best Matching Naturals
2:00-3:00 p.m. Dave Lewis Midges
3:00-4:00 p.m. Mark Petrie Deer Hair Flies
4:00-5:00 p.m. Wally VanZandt & Billy Oxley Making Your Own Fly Plate (shadow box)

The drawing for the raffle items will be held at 4:30 p.m. As usual, Tom Lyons has a Sage rod and several other great items for this year’s raffle. You do not have to be present to win.
FLYYAK

s

Post by FLYYAK »

What time does it start :?: :D
FLIES ONLY

Post by FLIES ONLY »

Just got off the phone with Greg Berlocher. He will be there tying as well till about 3:00 or so.
Animal Chris
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Post by Animal Chris »

Saturday February 7th from 9 am to 5 pm at the Holiday Inn on I-10 at Antoine, about 1 mile west of the 610 Loop. Admission is $10 for adults, $8 for Seniors (62+), $5 under 18 and $14 for the family.

I'm gonna' try and tie Mercy a can't fail first redfish fly. I figger that with all the tying talent on hand, it should be a cinch. But, then again.........

Hope to see you all there.
popasan

Post by popasan »

i am planning on being there sometime late morning......this thing sounds like fun and i need all the tips i can get.... :D

AC....will you be wearing a name tag/badge :?:

Larry
Fishing Elvis
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Fishing Elvis »

I really wanted to make this event, but my family is having a garage sale in Austin this weekend that I have to be at. Guess I'll have to wait til next year or pray it rains all weekend.
Animal Chris
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Post by Animal Chris »

I'll probably have some kind of idenitfication. I don't know what time I'll be tying, but I'll let you know. Look forward to meeting you. It's a great show.