Couldn't Be Easier ..... Grilled Fish and Shrimp

Pogo
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Couldn't Be Easier ..... Grilled Fish and Shrimp

Post by Pogo »

Seafood is not only the finest eatin' in the universe or anywhere else, it takes only five minutes to cook! Of course, there are more methods, recipes, etc., than you can shake a stick at, and you're free to go French or Creole and get as fancy as you want; but you can also do very well indeed as a purist/minimalist, and be exceedingly brief and convenient about it too. Here's just one way to getter on the table in no time flat:

Fix up a tinfoil tray to suit. Spray that sucker lightly with PAM or whatever you like. Flick a little butter on it. I recommend using whatever you like best, as long as it can be even vaguely described as butter. Real butter is nice, but for my money Smart Balance is just as good for something like this. Place what ya got to cook on the tray, then flick a little more butter on top of it. Squirt it if you're using bottle butter. Melt it if you're using stick butter, and drizzle it on. Use as little, or as much, as you prefer, be my guest. Season to taste, I'm all over the place on what I like best, but lately am really liking Paul Prudhomme's Seafood Magic. Go as heavy or lightly as you dare; I'm not a huge fan of seasonings by the ton, but still tend to give it a pretty good dose and like the results.

If there's any trick, it's to make sure the grill is hot enough, and I'm not sure it's possible to get it too hot. But get it to where you can't keep a finger on the cover for more'n a split second, and that'll fill the bill nicely. Put the foil tray on a cookie sheet for handling. Slide it off the sheet and onto the grill, place the lid, go do something else for fifteen minutes, then come back and slide it back onto the cookie sheet and take it to the table.

If you want to melt some sweet cream butter and do whatever with it, or squeeze some fresh lemons over it, I won't tell. You're gonna think you're eating at a restaurant once you hang your fangs on this!
Attachments
grillmagic1.jpg
grillmagic1.jpg (44.35 KiB) Viewed 2310 times
grillmagic2.jpg
grillmagic2.jpg (45.63 KiB) Viewed 2310 times
grillmagic3.jpg
grillmagic3.jpg (35.3 KiB) Viewed 2310 times
osok

Re: Couldn't Be Easier ..... Grilled Fish and Shrimp

Post by osok »

Pictures make me want to lick my screen. Will give your recipe a try.
Redeye
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Re: Couldn't Be Easier ..... Grilled Fish and Shrimp

Post by Redeye »

Looks excellent Pogo!