Roasted Wild Duck (Teal)

Jesg1224

Roasted Wild Duck (Teal)

Post by Jesg1224 »

This has been my favorite duck recipe by far.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FVCTpS ... Xc&index=1

Pluck your birds... :D
Cruisin_Cuda
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club
Location: Cypress, Tx- Earth JK Cruise, Urban Camo JK Cuda 14, Camo Hobie Outback

Re: Roasted Wild Duck (Teal)

Post by Cruisin_Cuda »

that does look good, but i'm not plucking teal! i breast them and do it just like doves with the cream cheese, jalapeno, and bacon wrapped on the grill.
Jesg1224

Post by Jesg1224 »

Bacon wrapped is definitely good too. They really aren't that bad to pluck if it's just a few of them. I can understand if it's a bunch. I'm hunting around Eagle Lake, and there are 2 spots that pluck ducks for you for just a few $ ea. It's worth it for some ducks like teal in my opinion.
Cruisin_Cuda
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club
Location: Cypress, Tx- Earth JK Cruise, Urban Camo JK Cuda 14, Camo Hobie Outback

Post by Cruisin_Cuda »

Jesg1224 wrote:Bacon wrapped is definitely good too. They really aren't that bad to pluck if it's just a few of them. I can understand if it's a bunch. I'm hunting around Eagle Lake, and there are 2 spots that pluck ducks for you for just a few $ ea. It's worth it for some ducks like teal in my opinion.
i use to have a lease out in Katy with a family that would pluck them right across the street from the "club house" it was definitely worth it after a snow goose only trip for sure! i had to get out of the lease deal since they've gotten more expensive than i can pay. that marsh mud sucks but now that i've turned my kayak into a layout boat it's gotten much easier!
Jesg1224

Post by Jesg1224 »

Nice.
How do you cook your snow geese? I haven't found a good way to cook them yet. The few attempts I've made left me with a bad taste in my mouth... hahaha
I did have some smoked sausage made of snows and that was pretty good.