Bridge city/port Neches/ port Arthur Texas

Nsbjuan

Bridge city/port Neches/ port Arthur Texas

Post by Nsbjuan »

I just bought a bonafide kayak about a month ago and have been waiting for my roof rack to come in to be able to take it out in the water to fish. I am relatively new to fishing and have little experience on a kayak so I was looking at possibly finding someone who wouldn’t mind or needs a fishing buddy to hit the por Arthur/ bridge city Texas area to fish. Any help and info for a new kayak angler would help as well. Thanks.
crusher

Re: Bridge city/port Neches/ port Arthur Texas

Post by crusher »

No replies for a month - that's not good. I'd suggest you do a couple things. One, find a nice calm day and go to one of the well known kayak launch spots, and go for an initial paddle. Get used to the plastic boat. Wear a pfd. Learn how to get back in the kayak if the water is chest deep or deeper (deep water reentry - see a youtube). Cast a line and figure out where the net, the rod, the extra drink etc fit and how to keep things a bit organized and not fall overboard. Second, hire a guide, maybe Rick Spillman, and fish for half a day asking a lot of questions and if the guide fishes a bit, watch them. You will meet people at launches, tournaments, and after a few legitimate posts with questions or reports. By now though, maybe you're already on the fish - Oct and Nov are prime fishing.
Use the search function on here - you can read a lot.