TexasKayakFisherman.com est. 2000

Kayak fishing the Lone Star State...

Please Visit our Sponsor Hook1 Kayak Fishing Gear
By MBasham
Joined this forum a couple of weeks ago after finding it on accident. Love it so far. The ideas and information I have gathered has been a huge help.

For those of you with the 4x4 Harbor Freight trailer, I need a quick favor before I pull the trigger and pick one up myself, or go a different route.

Can someone measure the overall width of the trailer (Across the top of the fenders, outside to outside lip please) *Pic below for illustration*?

Here is my dilemma, my wife & I's kayaks sitting side by side measures about 5' 6" wide, I really don't like the idea of them overhanging the sides. I may end up building a 'box' on the trailer with some mounts for the J-Bars I already have and haul them on their sides. However, I would much rather be able to load them flat, that way when I get to the water, all I have to do is drag them off the trailer (Be sitting on bunks of course) and go & then reverse order when were ready to go, instead of having to pick them up and load them into the J-Bars. Thanks!

By Neumie
MBasham wrote:Can someone measure the overall width of the trailer (Across the top of the fenders, outside to outside lip please) *Pic below for illustration*?

I don't own one, but the manual on HF website lists the overall dimensions as: 110″ L x 61-1/2″ W x 19-1/4″ H. I wouldn't be too concerned about the overhanging the fenders too much.
By MBasham
Neumie wrote:
MBasham wrote:Can someone measure the overall width of the trailer (Across the top of the fenders, outside to outside lip please) *Pic below for illustration*?

I don't own one, but the manual on HF website lists the overall dimensions as: 110″ L x 61-1/2″ W x 19-1/4″ H. I wouldn't be too concerned about the overhanging the fenders too much.

Thanks for the info. I read over the manual, must've overlooked it. Appreciate it.
By niswanger
Neumie wrote:

I concur, my two yaks hang over a few inches on each side too on my custom 4X8 trailer.

-Roy
By MBasham
Anyone in the market to modify a trailer or get an all purpose utility trailer, harbor freight currently has their 4x8 1195lbs. capacity trailer on sell for $90.00 off. Regular $349.99 get it until Feb 3 for $259.99!

Selling my 2016 Hobie Pro Angler 14 with Extras - […]

I've caught kings and jacks on a 7-wt - both are a[…]

Sightcast Spoons

No tying due to a busy week where I was gone most […]

Jackson kayak, Bonafide, Trailer

I've got too many hobbies, and I don't have time f[…]