Cooler, Don't Melt The Trident!

traveling man

Cooler, Don't Melt The Trident!

Post by traveling man »

I was searching for a cooler that would hold ice for three days and fit the well in the back of my OK Trident, the only problem was the molded dividers that separate the front and back half of the well. At first I was considering remolding them to fit a larger chest and was talked out of that (don't melt your boat!), then build a rack to raise the chest and was talked out of that (too top heavy!). Did allot of searching and found the Igloo 40qt Maxcold.
cooler 001.JPG
the cooler's too big to fit the well with the wheels. But with the wheels removed the cooler fits all the way to the rear of the well, the curve of the chest fits the curves of the boat.
cooler 003.JPG
The best part is you can keep the front half for gear. So if you have a Trident and need a better cooler I hope this will help.
cooler 005.JPG
M T Stringer
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Re: Cooler, Don't Melt The Trident!

Post by M T Stringer »

I freeze 2 liter coke bottles filled with water and add them to coolers...seems to work out OK on keeping ice for extended periods. The smaller surface area of large blocks takes longer to melt than lots of surface area on the smaller cubes. :wink:
Facehook

Re: Cooler, Don't Melt The Trident!

Post by Facehook »

Funny, I bought the exact same cooler 3 days ago and removed the wheels as well. It does fit well. The one thing I didn't like was that it sits kind of high, so I'm going to try to frankenstein it and make it flatter. I like how the lid opens length wise.

And taking a look at your pictures, I think we shop at the same place because I have that same Plano shell box. lol