drill less anchor trolley set up for Pelican sentinel 100x?

robc314

drill less anchor trolley set up for Pelican sentinel 100x?

Post by robc314 »

Needing suggestions on how to set up anchor trolley on my Pelican sentinel without putting any holes in it since I really doubt my skill in trying it that way. Being such a entry level kayak I really don't see that I have a lot to work with except my front and rear tow straps. Maybe hooking a biner on each tow strap and setting up the pulley off the first loop of rope leading from the tow straps?
IMG_1042.jpg
Neumie
Site Admin

Re: drill less anchor trolley set up for Pelican sentinel 100x?

Post by Neumie »

Check out RonMc's setup on this thread; it's no holes: TKF Link
Ron Mc
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Re: drill less anchor trolley set up for Pelican sentinel 100x?

Post by Ron Mc »

I used 3mm lines, 1-1/2" rings, and 20mm micro blocks on trolleys for my 3 boats.

If you want to use 4-6mm line, Harken 29mm Carbo Air blocks look really nice, and you should be able to clip them directly to the right-size biner.
https://www.harken.com/productdetail.as ... &taxid=416
What I like about (delrin) acetyl block + acetyl ball bearing is they're here to stay in the salt, my first set has been going 11 years, and nothing will stop them.
The larger blocks cause less wear on larger diameter trolley line.
After that, all you need is line (12-strand, or high-strength double braid), sea dog nylon ring(s), and a bungee loop to tension the trolley is a good idea.

If you have a West Marine nearby, it's a great place to window shop for rigging ideas (unfortunately, they closed all 5 in San Antonio a few years ago)

Another tip, if you discover you need a top-line fairlead to bend the trolley and help keep it out of the cockpit, even as an afterthought, you can usually find a place to clip in a DutchWare swivel biner
This is 4mm (3/16") 12-strand trolley line on a buddy's boat, and his 6mm (1/4") bungee connects two 2-1/2" Sea Dog rings in the trolley line.
https://dutchwaregear.com/product/swivel-s-biner/
I've discovered a half-dozen uses for these things

and since you have a camera, take some photos of your progress for us