Delaware Paddlesports Fish Bag

Yakety_Yak

Delaware Paddlesports Fish Bag

Post by Yakety_Yak »

https://www.delawarepaddlesports.com/de ... bag-large/

I want to let you guys know of something I have been looking at for awhile and pulled the trigger on it a few seasons ago. Every since then, I have been completely happy with it. What I am referring to is a fish bag. I have owned two fish bags before this current one I now own. Both bags are the Native fish bag. Both bags are now in the garbage as they don't hold up very well for very long. I remember when I got both Native fish bags, they were both damaged after the first trip on the water. Each time I placed a fish in the bag, the fish would cut up the interior of the bag. Furthermore, the zipper would eventually rust. These bags are $150.00 each. I don't know what they are worth now but I do know to buy a quality bag it runs around $150 - $200 (sometimes more). The pricing on these things are just absolutely ridiculous!

One day at one of my BHP outings, I met this guy that had a fish bag that I had never seen before on his Native Slayer Propel (thanks Angel for the info on this bag). I inquired about it. After that trip, I immediately went home and found the bag online. After a little research, I purchased it. I have not been disappointed with this bag yet. Some of the points of this bag are:

1) The inside of the bag is much more durable than the Native bag and will still insulate your ice
2) The exterior of the bag is durable as well
3) There are two zippers instead of one (just in case, I always put a coat of WD-40 on the zippers to keep them lubricated)
4) The price is absolutely awesome! (I'll explain below)
5) The bag is larger than most bags

The cost of this bag is $90.00 and the shipping is a flat rate of $15.00. There is no tax as Delaware is a tax free state. Here is another cool thing about this price. If you put "TKF" in the promo section, you will get an additional 10% off. According to my calculations, the total cost of the bag with shipping would be $96.00. That's a great price for a awesome fish bag.

One last thing on this bag. There is a place you can put carabiners on to secure the bag to the yak (I have pad eyes to secure the carabiner to it from the bag) or it has a strap. There are plenty of options to choose from. Just to give you an idea of how big this bag is, I have had three king mackerel and four red snapper in this bag and it has held up. That is a lot of fish! If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask or you can call me. 832-588-7091

In addition to the pics on Delaware Paddlesports web page, here are some others of the bag on the kayak:

Last edited by Yakety_Yak on Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.
DeeepSouth

Re: Delaware Paddlesports Fish Bag

Post by DeeepSouth »

Awesome! I’ve been looking for an affordable fish bag! Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
SWFinatic

Post by SWFinatic »

Great write up! I recently bought one- two actually. I ordered my large 41" long bag a few weeks ago. When it arrived something didn't look right so I measured it- 32" long. I called since the ad said it was 41" long. They sent me the medium bag by mistake. When my large 41" long bag arrived I was supposed to send the medium bag back. I looked them over and they are both well built. I especially like the MADE IN USA tag! I called to ask just out of curiosity what the cost of the medium bag is. When the guy told me $60 I said sold! These bags don't have quite the insulation the Reliable bags have but when it's 100 degrees and you're (hopefully) opening it a lot to put fish in I don't think that matters much. They are still insulated. You can't beat the price. And as mentioned there's no sale tax in Delaware.

Yakety_yak Angel is who turned me on to these bags too. I saw one in his BHP video and asked about it. Thanks Angel!
Yakety_Yak

Post by Yakety_Yak »

For those of you that are new to BTB kayak fishing and didn't get a chance to see this thread because it had made its way down the page, you may want to check out this fish bag. If you have any questions, let me know.
DeeepSouth

Post by DeeepSouth »

Can anyone share pics of how they are attaching these bags to their yak? I just ordered one of these and it will be going on top of the front hatch of a PA12. I will still need to access the front hatch with the bag attached. Assuming I just need to add some eyelets to the top of the hatch to clip/strap down, but I’d love to see a few examples or hear any advice y’all may have before I start drilling holes. Thanks!

SWFinatic

Post by SWFinatic »

I have a DPS bag. No pics since put my bag in my rear tank well but yep you'll need some eyelets and some type of clip to allow you to connect the tie down strap on the bag to the eyelet. I would recommend using bolts instead of screws. If you have a limit of kings in the bag and turn over that's a lot of weight pulling down on the eyelets for screws.

For the clips these would work and are relatively inexpensive. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B076D ... UTF8&psc=1

If you're wanting to install the eyelets on the hatch lid I think it'll be hard to cinch the bag down tight as the eyelets would be under the bag (the large DPS bag is 20" wide at the widest point). You might consider installing the eyelets on the kayak and just unsnap the clips when you need in the hatch.
Yakety_Yak

Post by Yakety_Yak »

DeeepSouth wrote:Can anyone share pics of how they are attaching these bags to their yak? I just ordered one of these and it will be going on top of the front hatch of a PA12. I will still need to access the front hatch with the bag attached. Assuming I just need to add some eyelets to the top of the hatch to clip/strap down, but I’d love to see a few examples or hear any advice y’all may have before I start drilling holes. Thanks!

If you have an iPhone I can face time you and show you how mine is put together on my Outback. the PA with the DPS bag on it, that guys is a friend of mine. I can have him send you some pics of how he has his set up. Give me a shout out when you have a moment.
shoffer
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by shoffer »

On my 2013 Hobie Outback, I installed four pad eyes along the top deck where the clips for my fish bag sit, and I just clip it into those. There are six clips, but I leave the ones closest to the zipper unused so that the fish bag folds back if I need to get into the front hatch. That is why there are only four pad eyes.

Installing pad eyes is actually really easy. Get the nylon pad eyes and aluminum rivets from ACK, and go to work using this instructional video from the throwback days of ACK, starring that Monsta' player, Jerron (pdt818 on here): (Start at 2:10).

Hobie has a really good one also, but I cannot seem to find it anymore.
Chubs

Post by Chubs »

Blake, any chance you could bring this to the next pack meeting to show and tell? I'd like to see how it compares to my $15 Sam's club cool bag lol.
Yakety_Yak

Post by Yakety_Yak »

Chubs wrote:Blake, any chance you could bring this to the next pack meeting to show and tell? I'd like to see how it compares to my $15 Sam's club cool bag lol.
I will be happy to bring it. Please call me the day of to remind me. Thanks
Yakety_Yak

Post by Yakety_Yak »

I will be bringing my DPS fish bag to the PACK meeting tonight for those that are interested in buying one and want to check it out first. Cya tonight at the meeting!