2019 Rey Del Mar Offshore Tournament

GregO722

2019 Rey Del Mar Offshore Tournament

Post by GregO722 »

It's coming up this weekend Aug 3rd and 4th. I'm surprised that no one is talking about it. I'm pretty sure that I will be camping on the beach at the MP rigs and fishing Saturday morning.
GregO722

Re: 2019 Rey Del Mar Offshore Tournament

Post by GregO722 »

Well...now I know, the first rule of RDM offshore tournement, is you do not talk about...nevermind.
MrTexasFreedom

Post by MrTexasFreedom »

Hope you get some kings out there this weekend, greg!

Would have loved to participate this year. Family commitments... Fishing freshwater mainly these days.

mtf
Prof. Salt
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Post by Prof. Salt »

Good luck to everyone participating. Weather will be sweet. I have to attend a funeral out of town so I can't be there but for those fishing I expect that lots of fish will be caught.
MrTexasFreedom

Post by MrTexasFreedom »

Please post pics!

Would love to know results, turnout, etc.!!

To create some momentum, here's a pic of the fish that won the BWK cobia division in 2012.....

[attachment=0]WinningCobia.jpg[/attachment

mtf
Attachments
WinningCobia.jpg
Jack Trades

Post by Jack Trades »

Who won? I haven’t seen any results posted. Maybe just not looking in the right place. Looks like it was great weather! I hit MP rigs yesterday morning for a quick trip. Surf was low, easy getting out, a bit choppy all the way to Wally with waves coming over the bow of my PA for a slightly wet ride. Lots of bait in the water. A few others in the flotilla trolling lots of baits, but no fish caught before I had to leave about 10:30am. Beautiful sunrise with clear water makes for an enjoyable day.
GregO722

Post by GregO722 »

Fishing was slow, weather was great (a little hot), and surf was easy. There were about 5 or 6 fishing around the MP rigs. I know of only one king caught. I think it was caught on a ribbon that was allowed to drift freely to the bottom. Trolling ribbons and lures seemed to be a bust, even deeper trolling. I think that I saw about 10 kings at the weigh in, I think it was a difficult day for all. I hope that some of the more successful fisherman will chime in with some pointers on their technique. I was planning to have pics and video to share...nope, not today.
MrTexasFreedom

Post by MrTexasFreedom »

Is there a website for the tourney? I'd like to see the signups and results. I googled "2019 Rey Del Mar Offshore Tournament" and do not find anything that looks official.

Would like to participate next year.
Tombo

Post by Tombo »

I think Chris Castro (doing this from memory) Was the big winner with largest King and Spanish.
Big Ace

Post by Big Ace »

Castro won the two side pots. The king and Spanish mackerel pots.
Angel Nguyen won the trash can pot.
Erik D’Aloise won the offshore division with a 26 lb king.
Fishing was slow. I caught 2 kings at 11 and about 11:30 after trolling all morning. I had one more good run on a 2lb blue runner, but he spit the hook. There were 13 yaks at the helipad at one time. It was crowded but everyone was courteous and tried to not get tangled up.
I only fished the offshore and am not sure who won the overall.
Cory.Ogle1

Post by Cory.Ogle1 »

Overall winner was Tracy Deadman, took home the PA14
Jack Trades

Post by Jack Trades »

Awesome guys! Congrats! I hope to compete in one eventually, sounds like a blast. Thanks for the updates, looking forward to photos.