Where To Go?

SWFinatic

Where To Go?

Post by SWFinatic »

I hope this post becomes invalid and TKF is able to be continued. If not is there another site for kayak BTB talk?
Prof. Salt
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Re: Where To Go?

Post by Prof. Salt »

Only the TKF page on Facebook, but it has a lot of traffic unrelated to BTB. I hope this forum can continue too!
SWFinatic

Post by SWFinatic »

Prof. Salt wrote:Only the TKF page on Facebook, but it has a lot of traffic unrelated to BTB. I hope this forum can continue too!
Guess that means I'll have to get on Facebook :shock:

Prof thank you for the BTB inspiration! Watching your videos was the reason I started offshore kayak fishing.
CAS

Post by CAS »

If people were interested reddit is an easy, free place where this could be setup and there could be categories like "BTB". Only problem is it might be tough to get a lot of people to transfer over to that platform.
Getz-Some55

Post by Getz-Some55 »

If you're on Facebook, I'm an admin for the Houston/Galveston/Freeport BTB Kayak Fishing group.

Mythman, Wolfman, and heatstroke are members. I try to keep the nonsense to minimum. It's slow this time of year, which is perfectly fine with me.
Ron Mc
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by Ron Mc »

I talked to Tyler at corpusfishing com message board, and he is willing to add a Kayaks page to his forum especially for BTB fishermen.
It's a good website, nice folks, Glenn already posts there, and it's in familiar php-board format.
Roy's is one of the many area sponsors for the site.
Watch here, and consider joining the forum.
http://www.corpusfishing.com/messageboa ... /index.php

Nobody except TKF Stubbs has said this yet, but guys, TKF appears to be all over but the shout.
There aren't any issues with volunteers or monthly maintenance cost, but I don't think the rest can ever be resolved.
It looks like the original members are all showing up to say their goodbyes.

We can keep the contact alive elsewhere if we try soon enough.
Loss of the archive is a real shame, searching TKF on any fishing topic turns up so much useful information.
JW FunGuy

Post by JW FunGuy »

I just checked out that Corpus site Ron and it has a lot of stuff on it. I know I’m going back to peruse the recipes some :)
I still hate to see this one go. Unless there is a problem with the IP, monies owed or something I don’t know what the hold up would be. Maybe, hopefully, one of the guys involved will let us know.
Ron Mc
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by Ron Mc »

Tyler came through - there's a new Kayak page on corpusfishing, and I started a Roll Call thread - please join in
http://www.corpusfishing.com/messageboa ... m.php?f=10
Yakety_Yak

Post by Yakety_Yak »

I'm keeping my prayers going hoping that TKF makes it through. :)
Ron Mc
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by Ron Mc »

if you've visited some of the alternative bulletin boards out there, corpusfishing stands above them, especially as a place for BTB kayakers.
Take my word that TKF will not be purchased.
Killerbee

Post by Killerbee »

Prof. Salt wrote:Only the TKF page on Facebook, but it has a lot of traffic unrelated to BTB. I hope this forum can continue too!
Prof I want to thank you as well. Your videos haunted my dreams at night lol! Made me get into this BTB thing! Thanks man!
Laked0g

Post by Laked0g »

Heck Ive been out of the water over Job issues, health issues, and I moved from Houston to SA. I got my truck totaled out, currently working on a 93 Ranger rebuild. Ill have it driving in about a month.

lookin to go to Port A or Corpus in april & May
Prof. Salt
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Post by Prof. Salt »

Killerbee wrote:
Prof I want to thank you as well. Your videos haunted my dreams at night lol! Made me get into this BTB thing! Thanks man!
Thanks guys. My philosophy has always been to fish hard and share what I learn with others. If it helps others be successful then it's good for all of us.