PROF SALT REPORT TO THE SURF IMMEDIATELY

LOOKN4REDS
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

PROF SALT REPORT TO THE SURF IMMEDIATELY

Post by LOOKN4REDS »

You’re recovered. As a community service during these difficult times we need some video. Standing by sir.
Longliner

Re: PROF SALT REPORT TO THE SURF IMMEDIATELY

Post by Longliner »

Not much in the way of ideal yakkin conditions. Too freaking windy with choppy seas
Prof. Salt
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Post by Prof. Salt »

Between managing 30 faculty members trying to convert classes to online and the nonstop winds, I haven't even laid eyes on the beach yet. I think physically I'm ready when a window presents itself, so stay tuned...
Killerbee

Post by Killerbee »

I am ready for a Professor Salt video as well!lol
Prof. Salt
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Post by Prof. Salt »

I did find my way into the shallows this morning. Caught 12 reds on fly and another 7 on a Spook Jr. so it was busy and fun, but not quite offshore. When you creep to within 20 feet of good redfish in less than a foot of water, turning around and fiddling with a camera is a good way to spook the fish before you can get a lure to it.

Video is much easier offshore, and I'm looking forward to getting out there when the winds finally ease up and allow the surf to lay down. One of my goals this year is to video catching kings on a flyrod. I've got the gear for it, and I know where to make it happen. Just need the weather to cooperate.