MP parking?

Jack Trades

MP parking?

Post by Jack Trades »

Can we still park at #80 to fish MP rigs? Last season the beach was a little skinny and parking was questionable at high tide. I even got a warning when parking next to the dune last trip. Is there an alternative? Any help would be appreciated before I migrate for the summer! Thanks guys
MileHighKayaking

Re: MP parking?

Post by MileHighKayaking »

I'm planning on doing just that so I hope someone who has parked there this year can chime in

Sent from my moto g(6) plus using Tapatalk
Prof. Salt
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Post by Prof. Salt »

That stretch of beach often has a "dunes cop" who is very motivated to warn anyone not to park in the most logical place - near (but not in) the dunes where your vehicle is safely out of traffic. The area he suggests is smack in the middle of the beach, leaving enough room for vehicles to pass between your truck and the dunes. Somehow that's better for the dunes? The tides are not running as high the last few weekends, so you should be okay. And yes, you can still park at marker 80.
kickingback
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by kickingback »

Do you still require a parking pass you buy from Stripes stores?
Yakety_Yak

Post by Yakety_Yak »

kickingback wrote:Do you still require a parking pass you buy from Stripes stores?
Annual beach pass is still a requirement to park along the MP beach line. That will never change. The only thing that may change on that front is they may make the cost of that pass cost more some day (I hope that doesn't ever happen).