Slabs Tuesday June 15th

arrowsmack324

Slabs Tuesday June 15th

Post by arrowsmack324 »

Looks like there's going to a perfect window to get out BTB anybody else looking to go?
Mythman
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club
Location: Cypress.......watching the weather to go BTB fishing!

Re: Slabs Tuesday June 15th

Post by Mythman »

I plan on being at the Slabs on Tuesday, if the wind/wave forecast holds. Text me at 713.594.6539 to coordinate meet-up times.
shoffer
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by shoffer »

MYTHMAN IS BACK!!!
SFAjacks

Post by SFAjacks »

I’m thinking about heading out there Tuesday. Haven’t been out there (or posted on this site) in 8 years, would I be able to get out there in a 2 wheel drive truck nowadays?

Great to see you still chasing the bulls, Mythman!!!
arrowsmack324

Post by arrowsmack324 »

I made it just fine a few weeks ago in my ram 1500 2wd. If you do make it and get stuck I'm sure one of us will pull you out.
arrowsmack324

Post by arrowsmack324 »

shoffer wrote:MYTHMAN IS BACK!!!
That ain't no lie! I was super stoked when I saw him respond!
Wolfman57
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Post by Wolfman57 »

I’m working away this month. Tear them up! Tight lines and good videos.

WM
arrowsmack324

Post by arrowsmack324 »

Had a great day out there today despite getting stuck twice, derp! The water was supremely flat, gloriously green filled with bait. Had a bit of a late start but made to the beach a tiny bit after 8am, got stuck as soon as I pulled of the highway. Was lucky Mythman was there to pull me out.
After some quick salutations we all hit the water and spread out looking for giants under all that bait we could see just under the surface. For me the bites came fast and I couldn't keep them off my hook, and by them i mean stinking slimers! I did manage to hang one bull red with an attitude. Overall had a great day just got wore out taking gaftops off my hook. They were even slamming a trolled silver spoon.
I got off the water at about the same time as Mythman and proceeded to get loaded up. It's funny how fate puts folks where they need to be. After I finished loading up Mike realized he accidentally locked his keys in his vehicle. After some quick scavenging for a hanger or other unlocking implement, I found an old Spiderman fishing rod and a piece of wire to get in his SUV. Glad we didn't have to call a lockout service. So shortly after we parted ways or so I thought! I managed to get myself stuck AGAIN! Luckily Mythman was behind me to save the day.
Overall I was a really great day despite the fishing being over run by those stinking slimers. I'll post up for the next window I see. Till then tight lines and be the positivity you want to see out in the world!
A6C5O7

Post by A6C5O7 »

Sounds like a great time! glad you guys had other people out there. You're not the only one getting hammered with the Gaftops. We went out for memorial day weekend at Galveston Causeway and couldn't get the bait to the bottom without them hitting it. I don't know what's up with them this year. I even tried switching up the baits. I refuse to let them touch me. lol
nworley

Post by nworley »

I started using a whole hard head with the head, dorsal, and pectoral find cut off as bait, and the gafftop didn’t touch it, but I did get plenty of bites from sharks. I had 7 or 8 sharks on, but all but one threw the hook. Also at one point I set down a casting rod with a spoon on it while i turned to check my other rod, and in the 2 seconds that the spoon was dangling in the water, something came along, yanked my rod out of the kayak and headed for Mexico. I’m guessing by how fast it pulled my rod in it was a shark, but I guess I’ll never know. I also manage to catch my first Spanish mackerel casting a golden spoon at a bait ball.