Sunday rig trip in CC area

newguy

Sunday rig trip in CC area

Post by newguy »

Forecast looks great for a Sunday trip 0-1' swells. I'm thinking the rigs just north of the blue water tank on Mustang Island. Anyone interested post up or shoot me a PM.
kayaker

Post by kayaker »

Sounds like fun. I’ll call if I’m in town

LB
newguy

Post by newguy »

Sorry guys, I can't make it. Nice 3 day weekend, and I come down with the crud. SH$T.
FishnHunt

Post by FishnHunt »

no worries newguy, we'll have to hit the rigs some other time
This morning I fished two places on mustang - just north of packary in the early morning and near beach marker 96 in the early afternoon. The area around 96 seemed better than packary. I ended up catching a relatively large bonnet head, a few smacks and a few atlantic sharpnoses at packary. Then I went further up the beach and got into a frenzy of smacks and sharks. Multiple double hookups while trolling and even caught some sharks on spoons that were dropped strait down beneath my yak (while I was unhooking sharks from the other rod). Also caught a baby crevelle and some larger smacks at 96. Released everything cept 1 smack. Hoping to go back the week of 16,17,18
newguy

Post by newguy »

Sounds like you had a great time, wish I could have made it. I've got a buddy coming in from North Carolina that week, so you know I'll be fishing. Maybe we can hook up.