BTB PINS?

kkeetr

BTB PINS?

Post by kkeetr »

Anyone want to do PINS this weekend? I'm thinking about somewhere outside the surfcats boundaries. I also might check out the Packary or Port A jetties depending on conditions.
late start

Post by late start »

Man I wish I could. I've been looking for a BTB crowd to hit PINS with. But I'm booked this weekend.
Jolly Roger
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Jolly Roger »

They have been having good luck out of Packary. OZ has put up a few kayak reports in the last week or so.
kkeetr

Post by kkeetr »

Well, the weather looks better than expected. I'll post up when I get back.
kkeetr

Post by kkeetr »

I ended up going to the Packery Jetties.

Saturday, the skippies had the anchovies balled up South of the jetties. I caught skipjacks in the wade gut until I was tired of them. I came back today because I was pretty tired. I didn't get much sleep Sat night (mosquito infestation). I ended up catching skippies, smacks, one jack, one leatherjack, one gaftop, one bluefish, and one pup blacktip.

Saturday afternoon the wind was up a little and the swells were 3+. Sunday morning the wind was calm but the swell was still there. I would swear that I saw some 4' tarpon doing the little greyhounding thing they do just South of the jetties Sunday morning. They got my heart pumping!
FishnHunt

Post by FishnHunt »

Kkeetr, good to hear you caught some fish. I fished packary today. I posted a short report in the following thread

http://texaskayakfisherman.com/forum/vi ... hp?t=76756