best BTB catch?

TexaRican
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

best BTB catch?

Post by TexaRican »

Sorry for the fantasy post but I'm 'relaxing' with my favorite beverage after a 12 hour day at the office :) Anyway, I was just thinking that my lifelong fishing goal has always been to catch a Mako shark. I know these are rare in the gulf, but has anyone ever heard of one being caught from a kayak? I still don't have my first shark BTB (lots from PB or beach) and I know I'm really dreaming but I just think that would be the ultimate kayak catch.
Anybody have any exotic BTB catches? What are they?

I'm taking the family to Puerto Rico (my father's home) next summer and already have found a kayak fishing charter that is pretty sure to hook me up with a tarpon or something else really good but I still think the mako would be my ultimate dream!
dancingwithbulls
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by dancingwithbulls »

I remember seeing a picture of someone from La Jolla California holding a baby mako that he caught out of the yak. I think my fantasy fish would be a tarpon or a lemon shark. I'm working on the kingfish one next summer being that is the most reasonable one.
shawn

Post by shawn »

they're beaches in california where mako's stay close most of the year. some beaches even have great whites hanging close to shore and there's been a few lets say close encounters with them from kayakers