First build- TV 15/32 Strip, Stitch & Glue

Homegrown

Re: First build- TV 15/32 Strip, Stitch & Glue

Post by Homegrown »

Got the stern bulkhead glued in and glassed. Don't know if I like the flush mount rod holders or not. Kinda bulky and heavier than I would have liked but couldn't find any plastic ones in anything other than white. The box that they mount on is also just an idea still. Was thinking it could serve as a bait tank but to be able to fit my cooler and crate also it only makes the tank 6" wide. May be more trouble than it's worth. Still trying to get out in it this weekend if I can get far enough along to feel comfortable and find the time. Stay tuned…. HG

http://s1249.photobucket.com/albums/hh5 ... 20Uploads/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I forgot to put her back on the scale but will do so in the morning.
Homegrown

Post by Homegrown »

More progress made…. HG

http://s1249.photobucket.com/albums/hh5 ... 20Uploads/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Anybody ever use these wood/epoxy boats in the salt? Trying to decide whether or not to take it to Destin. Thx
makenmend

Post by makenmend »

Take it, the boat dosn't care what water your on, thats what its for. Enjoy.
IMGP4525_resize.JPG
MM
Homegrown

Post by Homegrown »

Ten4. That's what I was thinking. I'd be kicking myself for not taking it. Just didn't want to ruin all this work by gettin it all salty but if it's not gonna hurt it then it'll be making the trip on top of the suburban! I was trying to get it out today but the wife had different plans. Oh well, gives me more time to get her ready. Got a few bulkheads to finish up and the bait box to build and other than that just a bunch of fill coats and some rigging. Just put it on a scale and she's right at 45 lbs! Dang thing is so wide I can hardly get my arms around it to move her around!!! I'm anxious to see how my seat height is gonna work out. The seat is strapped to the base and can be used separately if it is too high but sure is comfy at 6" up from the floor. More to come….

HG

bowgarguide
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by bowgarguide »

I bet you can handle that seat height easily mine is a 15 - 29 and I am 9 inches high with my seat, I even throw a cast net out of it.
Ron
Homegrown

Post by Homegrown »

Good deal. I appreciate the info Ron. I wasn't really shooting for that height but it works out to where I can stuff two large tackle boxes under it without em slipping and slidin around in the cockpit. I'm actually hoping to be standing as much as sitting in this thing whether it be to chunk a cast net, lure, arrow, sling shot ball bearing, etc. so glad to hear that you can do so in the 15-29. I can't wait to get this thing rigged up and slimed. And then to the clear waters of Destin!

HG
awoodman

Post by awoodman »

Oh yea..standing in the 32 is no problem...
Homegrown

Post by Homegrown »

awoodman wrote:Oh yea..standing in the 32 is no problem...

Good deal. I just put a fill coat on the outside of the hull and now trying to get the remaining bulkheads built. Just out of curiosity, what's halls preferred method of carrying your boats? I've seen em with ropes at the bow and stern, handles on both sides, etc. In my own experience a rope at the bow can cause problems if it's not removable. Again just curious. Thanks for following along with me on this one. I can't wait to get y'all some pics of it in action.

HG
makenmend

Post by makenmend »

Nowadays I install a stainless "U" bolt (reinforced) that I can either clip a handle or length of rope (for dragging/transporting ect). I like to flyfish and can garuantee that it will wrap up my flyline in a heartbeat if I don't remove the handle :twisted:

MM
bowgarguide
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by bowgarguide »

HG
I have tried several different hand configurations and the rope handle seem to work the best for me.
One note make them tight enough that you have to push them down over the end of the boat.
Ron
Homegrown

Post by Homegrown »

Headed home to load up the TV and go try it out!!!

:dance:

More pics coming ASAP.

HG
Homegrown

Post by Homegrown »

This boat is amazing! Was able to stand and cast with no worries of flipping it out from under me. Paddles straight and easy and plenty of room in the cockpit to stretch out and stay comfortable. I even paddled standing up and into an oncoming wake. Didn't get as many pics as I wanted to but we had 3 kiddos with us and 4 boats to try to handle. Was primarily just to get in it and try it out so I can start thinking rigging. I'm gonna be back out this weekend at some point and still wanna try to get the remaining bulkheads and anchor trolley installed before we leave next week for Destin. I'm definitely taking it with us and gonna be in it every chance I get.

HG

neon14

Post by neon14 »

Thats a bummer your boat is so amazing :lol: It happens :D One of the joys of boat building. Congratz on getting that thing out on the water, you did a great job!
preacher
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by preacher »

I never get tired of those bow shots.

As for salt, I believe they do even better in the salt. Only thing you have to watch is the oyster banks, they can really do a number on the bottom, believe me.
Salt slime is especially good for you and your yak.
Homegrown

Post by Homegrown »

Thanks for all the help guys. Wouldn't be here without the knowledge gained from this site. Hey Preacher, I really dig that bow hatch. Where can I find one like it? Prob won't cut into the deck but i need something for the bulkhead at the bow. Anchor trolley goin on tomorrow and then she's goin on top of the Suburban! Anybody got any advice on fishing the bays around Destin? Goin on a guided trip Thursday morning but I was hoping to get out in the mornings early before the fam gets up. The guided trip we're goin on will be in 12' Native Pro Anglers so should be interesting to compare it to mine. I'll try to post up when I can once we get there. Thanks again for the help guys. I appreciate it.

HG

preacher
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by preacher »

Homegrown wrote:Thanks for all the help guys. Wouldn't be here without the knowledge gained from this site. Hey Preacher, I really dig that bow hatch. Where can I find one like it? Prob won't cut into the deck but i need something for the bulkhead at the bow.
HG
Ordered it online. Got a lot of black plastic on the Cape Fear. Crack of Dawn, Hobie, and other stuff. Can't remember where I got it, thought it was Austin canoe and kayak but they don't show it, sorry.
Homegrown

Post by Homegrown »

Thanks Preacher. I'll look into it a little further. Been busy and just got back from Destin. We had a great time and I'm glad I took the TV. It performed awesome in the bays and I managed to boat a few fish including one 14" redfish. Didn't have my phone with me cuz it was a little rough and the currents were kickin but my anchor worked great and as the tide started to change over the bite was on. Wish I had more pics on my phone but was just too busy enjoying myself and the kids! Gettin back out here in a few hours to do some bass fishing and some paddling and I'm too anxious to sleep!!!!

HG

Homegrown

Post by Homegrown »

I'm liking that TKF can now be found on Tapatalk! Much easier way to post up pics from these "smart" phones.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344489053.777873.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344489077.576342.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344489105.155336.jpg
HG
Homegrown

Post by Homegrown »

Found this kids chair sitting in the trash on the side of the road today and grabbed it. Gonna work great for taking the younger one out with me!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344489352.259950.jpg
[attachment=0]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344489373.842232.jpg[/attachment

And the red matches almost perfect!

HG
Attachments
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344489373.842232.jpg
Homegrown

Post by Homegrown »

Anybody ever tried burying stickers, decals, LED strips and the like under the epoxy? I'm wanting to mount some fishing lights to the under side of my TV and found some LED strips at the auto parts house that are pretty affordable and would be perfect along the bottom of the boat. I'm just curious as to how to go about doing so. I could just silicone em on I guess but if they were buried in the epoxy maybe they would be protected??? Wanting to bury a TKF sticker or two while I'm at it but not if it's gonna make a mess. Thx

HG

Making a rod holder/fish finder mount tonight. Pics coming soon…
Homegrown

Post by Homegrown »

Not finished but u get the idea. Gotta find a way to mount it and be able to pull it out to transport.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344915579.064558.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344915601.149947.jpg
Homegrown

Post by Homegrown »

Got my rod holder/fish finder tree finished and painted. Still gotta get the finder bought and mounted. Got started on lights too. Just temp for now till I can decide whether or not they are gonna work.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345611965.103698.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345612004.783923.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345612045.003431.jpg
Homegrown

Post by Homegrown »

Last bulkhead goin in. The access isn't very big but there's a lot of room to stuff things up there.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345785602.406078.jpg
Homegrown

Post by Homegrown »

Love the TV. Fishing out of this boat is just easy. Just wish I could get more time in it.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1347683600.224050.jpg
HG
Homegrown

Post by Homegrown »

Deer hunting out of the TV is getting easier every time out but still been unable to connect on one to carry back in it. Not done trying though!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352348051.097781.jpg
HG