Cooler hold downs and hinges coated with epoxy. Bungee ends installed.
The bungee ends are installed in a notch and backwards.
These Bungee ends are installed backwards. Ready to take this cooler fishing.
1/8/13 A few things more done over that last few days.
Doubled the seat back padding
Padeyes and leashes
Marked a ruler on the deck
Stickey back Velcro to hole the extra FF cable
FF Battery mount.
1/11/13 I think I'll name this one STRIPER
Had STRIPER out today. Winds were up to 25 MPH on occasion with waves over the bow. STRIPER handled it all. Waves 90° to course were no problem. Straight on 25 MPH head winds did not keep me from reaching trolling speeds. Quartering tail waves which have made me uncomfortable in HYBRID were no problem in STRIPER.
1/18/13 Had Striper out again. Winds were relatively mild. Covered about 3 miles of water. Broke the rudder downlock where it attaches to the sliding control rod. Easy to fix.
3/21/13 Had an excellent trip to Proctor in STRIPER. Caught a 24" Hybrid and 18 White Bass, mostly nice.
3/28/13 Took a trip to Texoma. Broke both upper rod holders and the right Click N Go gave way again. Rearranged rod holders. The right upper right rod holder behind the seat is now a Scotty Rocket launcher. That holds the rod out further and makes it easier to operate or grab.
Removed the pin from the Bass Pro rod holders. It came out way too easy. Replaced it with a nut and bolt. Works a lot better now. Smoother and more positive.
Drilled out the threads on the right Click N Go and refilled the hole with epoxy. Then drilled it and tapped it again.
4/5/13 The right hand Click N Go came loose again.
4/6/13 Drilled the mounting holes out and refiled it with epoxy.
4/8/13 Drilled it out to .250" then drilled a .125 hole all the way through the bottom. Back drilled the Click N Go mount area .5" diameter and 1" deep.
This time I used 180 KSI stainless socket head aircraft bolts. Had to turn the sides of the head of the bolt down just a few thousands so it would fit inside the Click N Go, which I did using a drill and a file.
Reassembled the Click N Go, and set it with the bolts in the new mount .25 holes
Installed locking stainless aircraft nuts on the back side (up the .5 hole) and snugged it down.
Filled the .5" hole with Gorilla glue. When it was dry sanded it off. Mixed some 90 minute epoxy with graphite powder and touched it up, and few other spots while I was at it.
4/9/13 Went fishing in heavy wind, with waves breaking over the kayak. Caught about 30 Sandies and kept 17 mostly nice. Click N Go is still snug.
4/16/13 Heavy wind again. Caught 6 Keeper Hybrids (kept 5) + 4 Hybrids just under size, 30 + Sandies kept 15. Took home about 30 lbs of fish. Lots of drag pulled today.