Super Glue

neon14

Super Glue

Post by neon14 »

Found this video. They are using super glue to hold the panels together so that all the filleting can be done at one time. I used super glue a lot back when I used to build remote control gliders, never thought about using it to build boats. Might have to get me some super glue.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VXyN6Y3TkA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Anyone tried this before?
bowgarguide
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Re: Super Glue

Post by bowgarguide »

I have used super glue , glue guns and they just dont have the adjustability (is that a word)of the twisted wired.
Ron
richg99
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by richg99 »

Watch out for super glue allergies. It can come on even after a number of years of constant use. I developed it building model airplanes.

I have to wear a respirator-organic filter if I am just in the room where it is used. Not an uncommon thing according to the r/c airplane sites.

If your nose starts running, and your eyes tear a lot.... for a couple of days after using super glue...you've got it.

rich
RealBigReel
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by RealBigReel »

I used super glue on my second boat back a couple of years ago. Super glue does not fill at all. You need to have tight joints if you are going to use super glue. And Super glue is expensive. Super glue is brittle. Epoxy is just much easier to work with.