She looked so lonely

bowgarguide
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

She looked so lonely

Post by bowgarguide »

I have been walking by the T-V and she just looks sad, since I built the Northwind she has been replaced for my tripping boat.
This year I am going to do some deer hunting that I need to get to by yak and gar fishing and bowfishing has one draw back out of a yak. (how would you transport a 9 ft fish in a yak)
So out comes the saw and the T-V is under the knife.
More to come later.
Ron
Homegrown

Re: She looked so lonely

Post by Homegrown »

The TV under the knife? Man that Northwind must be one bad arse boat to make you wanna cut up the TV! I will be following along on this one.

HG
bowgarguide
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by bowgarguide »

Well the T-V is topless now :lol:
Ron
neon14

Post by neon14 »

This should be interesting! Dont forget to post pics!
awoodman

Post by awoodman »

Dont forget to post pics!
Yea..along with a pic. of the fleet you have....
bowgarguide
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by bowgarguide »

My camera died but another one is on the way. I have been working on the T-V decided to take her all the way down to the wood and start over.
This boat has seen some rough usage,been blown down a sand bar for a hundred yards flipping,been dropped of off the top of my jeep,got way over a couple thousand miles under her. She was built from some bad plywood 1/8 inch thick and built with poly ,held up pretty well.
I will try to get some pics posted before long.
Ron
bowgarguide
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by bowgarguide »

Here is what she use to look like.

Took the T-V down to raw wood reapplied cloth. Looking at the bottom after a couple thousand miles of pretty rough treatment I had a good ideal of the wear points. so here is how I did it. put the cloth on in two pieces letting it overlap in the center 3 inches then put a piece of 3 inch tape on top of that. I also put a piece of 3 inch tape on each edge of the hull. After sealing the hull I went back and put on my external stems ,with the hull being separated and sealed and then putting on the stems I never have to worry about water as long as the stems are in place.
A pic of the front stem

Decided to put in pretty long seat rails and a thwart set up for my rods and to brace the hull.

I cut the top off and rebuilt the hull with two short decks and strips on the side.

I used grey rustolem oil base on the inside the hull ,I hope that color will be cool but not so bright it blinds you
I ran out of epoxy so the brite work will get a couple more coats and at least to more graphite coats, it should be a fishing machine
Ron
awoodman

Post by awoodman »

Well I see you opened up the old TV to one huge cockpit....I still use mine and in some of the nastiest ,rockiest ,local river...
tn_100_1933.JPG
tn_100_1725.JPG
bowgarguide
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by bowgarguide »

Looks like you and I use the T-V about the same, The big cockpit will let me bring a 9 ft fish out if I ever decide too.
Ron
makenmend

Post by makenmend »

All that work for a Gater Gar :P

MM
bowgarguide
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by bowgarguide »

MM
Not just any gator gar will get transported in this boat,it will have to be over a 300 lber before I will bring one in, or basically another world record :lol: :lol:
Ron