Navasota /Brazos River overnite trip report

Dogpaddlin

Re: Navasota /Brazos River overnite trip report

Post by Dogpaddlin »

Looks like a GREAT time!
Ladybug

Post by Ladybug »

BDaddyG is off today and we have spent the morning drying off, wipping down and cleaning up all our gear. Yesterday was rainy, so I concentrated on laundry. Finishing up the last of it today. Our puppies went a little crazy sniffing and licking all the smelly, wet clothes and the bags they were in. One of the little shits even "marked" my boat. I think he was trying to express his desire to go next time instead of being left at home.

I bet our neighbors think we're crazy. Our tent is set-up and hanging from a tree in our back yard, the air mattress is inflated and leaning against the deck rail and the tent rain fly and tarp are flapping in the breeze. We tied them to the deck support poles. Next is to get the pressure washer hooked up and wash the trailer, jeep and yaks. It hasn't been that much of a burden, with each piece of gear cleaned I am reminded of some part of the trip.

So, Randy, we should be ready for another trip tomorrow. I think the gear will be cleaned and packed away by then. :lol:
Randy
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club
Location: Kayak Featherlite 9.5 Mini-x Predator K140, Percption Swifty,Necky Zoar Angler

Post by Randy »

What does "Stuffed Bell Peppers " sound like? and a one way trip All down river?
Firefly49
Location: Montgomery/Conroe, Texas WS Commander 14, WS Tarpon 140, OT Loon 160T, SrchrM1824

Post by Firefly49 »

uh-h-h...........ya' didn't mention dessert, Randy........... :(
Mrs.Fatrabbit

Post by Mrs.Fatrabbit »

I have my camera ready :dance:
rodloos

Post by rodloos »

Randy wrote:What does "Stuffed Bell Peppers " sound like? and a one way trip All down river?
I think the upriver didn't bother me as much as the uphill at the end of the upriver! :)

I've never had stuffed bell peppers, normally that doesn't sound like something that would appeal to me, but somehow if you prepared it I think I'd love it! Ya done good on our meal last weekend.
Hirsch
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Hirsch »

Randy wrote:What does "Stuffed Bell Peppers " sound like? and a one way trip All down river?
Time it right and I would be in. Hope you can make Harmon creek this weekend.
Ladybug

Post by Ladybug »

I'm in if we can paddle down river the entire way. And I will make desert! My famous "Dump Cake"
Gutter Girl
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Gutter Girl »

That just looks like a blast. I will have to join you sometime. I'm not sure who's luckier - Tristan, having someone to take him rivercamping or Randy, enjoying his little buddy and being HC (head chef!) Loved the apple pie!
Strider
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by Strider »

Good to see Gerald's old marathon boat getting a workout! Enjoyed the report, replies and allll the pix!

Kim