Harmon Creek.. DOTW...

Barnacle Bill
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Harmon Creek.. DOTW...

Post by Barnacle Bill »

Aight, someone post up a destination of the week for us to salivate over.... I know some of y'all have been camping recently... lol
Firefly49
Location: Montgomery/Conroe, Texas WS Commander 14, WS Tarpon 140, OT Loon 160T, SrchrM1824

Re: Post up your DOTW...

Post by Firefly49 »

I've been waiting for someone to post up and show me some new sights but guess I'll just have to jump in here and start it off even though most of you have probably already seen previous posts:lol:

A few of us (and some TKFer's who are newbies to this campground) are heading back up to Harmon Creek Marina both this (and next) weekend. Personally, I like this place so much (it's not far and has everything I want) that I'm planning on just staying up there the whole time!! Whoo-hoo! :dance: :dance:

Harmon Creek Marina is located off Hwy 19 about 12 (?) miles or so northeast of Huntsville, right before you get to Riverside on the northern end of Lake Livingston. Turn left on Wood Farm Rd and weave around 4-5 miles following the signs.

Pop does a good job of keeping the place nice and he'll talk your ear off, make sure you're comfy, and if you're real nice to him, he just might point out his known honey-holes for bass, catfish, gar, crappie.....along with where you just might run into a resident alligator or two!!

The camping sites are within a horseshoe area by the water and somewhat (very) close together. But when I've been up there (before everyone else found out about it :lol: ) only 2-3 we're filled. There are 5 cottages and several hookups for RV's. You'll find a nice playground for the kids, swimming pool for those who don't like river water (or the wife who'd rather relax and read a book).

You have several venues of water for paddling and exploring, or fishing (and Pop swears you catch fish....he also has live bait in his little store!) There's Harmon Creek, or out to the spacious slough of Harmon Creek to paddle around, or explore the islands (a couple of them would be great primitive campsites!!) or, you can paddle farther all the way to, and down,the Trinity River. What more can you ask for????

The campsites run $17 /night, RV/$30, the new cabins are $99/weekends, the fee is $3 to use the boat ramp -- and it's FREE to launch a kayak if you launch from the grassy area (as if we really want to slide those hulls on rough cement!!)

Here's a link to one of the trip reviews that randy and I did a month or so ago,or you can do a search for other lnks. This one also has a few pics of the cabins and campground: http://www.texaskayakfisherman.com/foru ... 2&t=129483" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Here's a link to Harmon Creek Marina: http://www.harmoncreek.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
milret
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by milret »

And each of the tent sites has elec. & water. I checked it out yesteday so I knew what I was getting into before this weekends adventure. Nice area and I am really to rock & paddle. It is what Firefly49 said it was. If anyone wants to adventure out this weekend, come on up or down (which ever way you live) and lets paddle party.
Jerry Hamon
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Jerry Hamon »

I'll post Monday when I get back from Spivey Crossing RV Park on the Brazos. 8)
Drmsfish

Re: Harmon Creek.. DOTW...

Post by Drmsfish »

I'll post up in about 2 weeks...bay spoil island camping.
Drmsfish

Re: Harmon Creek.. DOTW...

Post by Drmsfish »

Here's the report..I have been fishing for a few years, but camping remote was one of the best trips of my life even though the fishing was average.

http://www.texaskayakfisherman.com/foru ... 2&t=131810" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;