Fire Pit

Camping Yakker

Fire Pit

Post by Camping Yakker »

Great fire pit for camping. Note foldup legs. Some campgrounds require fire pits to be 6" off ground. This was a Baja trip and if I would have had 13 of these, I could have sold 13.
Attachments
baja trip low res 014.jpg
baja trip 014.jpg
Camping Yakker

Re: Fire Pit

Post by Camping Yakker »

Sorry about the mix up. 2 different kind of pits. I'm havin a helluva time tonite.
Night Wing
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Night Wing »

In the top photo, the fire pit looks home made. Is it?
CaptJack
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by CaptJack »

Night Wing wrote:In the top photo, the fire pit looks home made. Is it?
it looks like the end cap of a vessel to me ?

this is our backyard fire pot - it's an old farm - wash pot from the turn of the century, back when you boiled the wash

Last edited by CaptJack on Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Redfish4me

Post by Redfish4me »

The first fire pot looks like a Clothes Dryer Barrell.
Night Wing
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Night Wing »

I was just curious because my wife has been looking at fire "rings". I think I like the rings better than the pits.
CaptJack
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by CaptJack »

Joe - what's nice about using a pot is you can move it and set it up in different places.
I don't put a fire in the pot where it is on the back patio, it's too close to the house.
I move it farther out in the yard and we set the chairs up around it. (bricks under the feet)
But when we're done, it becomes the table for the back patio again
Camping Yakker

Post by Camping Yakker »

It a tub out of a washing machine. You can also put an old weber grill and top on it for cooking or grilling. The holes realy spready the heat outward as you tell by the distance of the campers from the pit. This one has folding legs and I carry in the bay of our rv. Its perfect for the beach. At the rv rally in Quartzite Az., these go for $25 and up.
Night Wing
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Night Wing »

CaptJack wrote:Joe - what's nice about using a pot is you can move it and set it up in different places.
I don't put a fire in the pot where it is on the back patio, it's too close to the house.
I move it farther out in the yard and we set the chairs up around it. (bricks under the feet)
But when we're done, it becomes the table for the back patio again
Jack,

The fire rings can be moved too. My wife has been dragging me to every fire ring she can find. :roll: I'm glad I have to work the evening shift today. :wink: :lol:
capn crunch
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by capn crunch »

Joe, my wife also has been hinting at a fire pit or ring as well...I got a Christmas catalog from cabela's the other day and there are some neat ones in there....couldn't get a direct link, but here is the cabelas link. click on camping, then under the category of outdoor cooking, click on camp grills. crunch http://www.cabelas.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
CaptJack
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by CaptJack »

capn crunch wrote:Joe, my wife also has been hinting at a fire pit or ring as well...I got a Christmas catalog from cabela's the other day and there are some neat ones in there.... click on camp grills. crunch - http://www.cabelas.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Here's a ring with feet
Night Wing
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Night Wing »

capn crunch wrote:Joe, my wife also has been hinting at a fire pit or ring as well...I got a Christmas catalog from cabela's the other day and there are some neat ones in there....couldn't get a direct link, but here is the cabelas link. click on camping, then under the category of outdoor cooking, click on camp grills. crunch http://www.cabelas.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thanks for the info. The Wildfire Ring for $129 caught my eye. :) I read the reviews for it and it got rave ones. The only problem, the nearest Cabela's to me is in Buda, Texas. :( But, my wife's eldest niece lives in Kyle so she can pick it up for me and deliver it to me on her next visit with us. :D
Night Wing
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Night Wing »

Jack,

The Dalsin Fire Ring looks nice, but when I read all the reviews for it, it seems to be a "bear" to put together. :(
larry long shadows
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club
Location: East Houston May the wind be to your back when you Yak

Post by larry long shadows »

Bricks and tire truck rim bigger the rim bigger fire pit.Red Neck/Hilly Billy fire pit :idea:
capn crunch
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by capn crunch »

Joe, they have $5.00 shipping if you spend $150.00. Buy a couple of things for your arrow supplies and youre good to go. There is some fine print about heavy items not qualifying, but I guess you have to put it in your cart to see. crunch.