More hammock camping

Randy
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club
Location: Kayak Featherlite 9.5 Mini-x Predator K140, Percption Swifty,Necky Zoar Angler

More hammock camping

Post by Randy »

Well I won't bore yall with pictures of ribs, sausage and breafast buritos all cooked at the camp ground, by Yakety Yak. I will share some pics of my newest hammock set up.

Several of us met back up at harmon Creek this weekend, and as ya know we ate like kings.

My most recent hammock is the Military M1966. It is kinda small and not many ammenities. So I got the ENO bugnet for it. Reason being , the bugnet can be used with other future hammocks.

Even though I have a camper with heat and a/c, i chose to sleep in my hammock. I had to try out my bug net and different tarp configurations.

Using a self inflating pad, and good sleeping bag, my M1966 and I did great through out the night.
The M1966 in the ENO Bug Net
One tarp set up
Saturday night, as the gang sat around my heater.
FISH4EVER
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Re: More hammock camping

Post by FISH4EVER »

That looks like a fun
trip,maybe with the new camping forum more&more chances will arise to do this myself... Miss camping...Steve
Night Wing
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Night Wing »

Nice photos. But, you know what caught my eye? The black stove. I've never seen anything quite like it before.
CaptJack
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by CaptJack »

Randy - your wood burner camp heater is very kewl
How big of a circle will it heat?
Last edited by CaptJack on Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
traveling man

Post by traveling man »

Great report, How does the M1966 sleep compared to your Hennessy?
milret
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by milret »

My Tent Cot was not too far away and I was waiting to hear a big thump on the ground. I did not hear one all night but that does not mean it did not happen.
Randy
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club
Location: Kayak Featherlite 9.5 Mini-x Predator K140, Percption Swifty,Necky Zoar Angler

Post by Randy »

The M1966 is not even in the same playing feild with the Hennessy. I slept ok in the M1966 actually pretty good. It is narrower much narrower than the Hennessy. but very quick to set up.

I am sending the Hennessy off this week to get side zippers put on so it will have access through the bottom and on the side.

That black bug screen in the pics is an ENO Eagle Nest Outfitters "Guardian Bug Net" It fits the M1966 and the ENO single that ummmmm,,,,,,,,,,,,, followed me home today.

I got some bulk head cam lock web straps from Academy today, 10' long each with loops already sewn in. Using those on the ENO single I was able to set it up in under 5 mintes this evening. And wow it is comfortable.

The stove in the pics is a "Nordic" tent heater,,, Top Brass Army Surplus on 45 and Main has 'em.
It was putting heat out approx a 3 to 4 foot radius, but we didn't have it really cooking.