Double Lake?

B-FISHIN

Double Lake?

Post by B-FISHIN »

Has anyone ever fished the lake at Double Lake Park up by New Waverly? Last time I was there I took the yak but didn't have much luck catching many fish. We are thinking of making another trip and I am trying to decide if I should take the yak and give it another try? Any info or input will be appreciated!
cdobarganes

Re: Double Lake?

Post by cdobarganes »

I go there once year with boyscout troop. We fish but don't catch. It is a nice paddling lake though.
Chief Brody
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by Chief Brody »

Was there earlier this year with my daughter, we paddled all over and threw just about everything we could think of with no bites. I did see a few bream caught from the bank - looked like they were using worms under a cork.

It's a pretty small lake - might have too much pressure to sustain fishing without stocking and I don't know if they do any. It's pretty up there, and the paddle with my daughter was fun. Saw lots of critters walking around, including an armadillo we stalked for a while - but of course left unharmed.

The Word of The Day is: vicissitudes
El Ritmo

Post by El Ritmo »

Take a mountain bike. The trails there are a blast.
4x4kayak2112
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by 4x4kayak2112 »

if you get near the leve side, with your kayaks, theres a shelf there and the perch sit up by it, i used a live worm with circle hook
Wolfman57
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Post by Wolfman57 »

Double lake is a fantastic campground and good place for the kids. I take the family there once a year or so....love it.
As far as fishing, there is nothign big there...but a bunch of little guys. the best luck i've had is throwing these around logs/grass along the shore..They will jump and head shake, tail walk a bit...kinda fun!
Nice little lake to paddle around durign the day
I usually bring the bikes and the kids bikes too, nice trails
Dawn and dusk I hit the shore with the yak and have caught 30+ little guys, never anythign bigger than this though...
You have my secret lure, grub with a green tail has been the hot item every year i go!
So enjoy and have fun.
There is a mercury warning on keeping fish so I normally bring other stuff for dinner. this was Jumbalaya!