Speeglevill Park Lake Waco

TexasZeke

Speeglevill Park Lake Waco

Post by TexasZeke »

First let me apologize, for all my good intentions of taking pictures, I realized when we got home that was on the list of things that were forgotten.

This is a new park, they just opened it last year and are still working on parts of it. There are 30 campsites and 2 screened shelters, but than can be misleading. Eight of the sites have electricity, but no water, something about the capacity of the well. The sites are nice and for the most part more spread out more than some of the other places we have gone. A boat ramp is handy, and this is one of the best parks around for bank fishing. I've caught a lot of fish in this area, some good fish, but none were to be had this weekend.

About the only downside to this park is the lack of trees. I don't think there were many trees here before they built the park. Most them there now are small, so I think they were planted. Nothing wrong with that, but if your wanting to camp in the woods this might not be the park for you, or wait a few years till the woods fill out.

All in all it's a good park. Nice sites, easy fishing handy, and off the beaten path, so while you might have to listen to boats on the lake, not a lot of traffic sounds.

kevin
DarrellS
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Re: Speeglevill Park Lake Waco

Post by DarrellS »

Kevin, Is that the old Lacy's Point Park?
TexasZeke

Post by TexasZeke »

Not sure. What I consider the old Lacy Point is the boat ramp in the back of the cove. This park is with the boat ramp at the front of the cove, next to the marina.

kevin
DarrellS
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by DarrellS »

Ok I gotcha now.
CaptJack
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by CaptJack »

TexasZeke

Post by TexasZeke »

That's the place, aerial view is old though. The campsites are along the loop to the left of the boat ramp

kevin