Headed to Nails Creek on Sommerville....any advice?

Bad Luck Guy
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Headed to Nails Creek on Sommerville....any advice?

Post by Bad Luck Guy »

I've never been to Nails Creek. It was one of the few that had an opening the days I wanted. I keep forgetting it's not summer yet and I can't get reservations on a whim. Gotta make reservations quick. Are there any must-see/must-do situations at this location? First family tent outing :)
gonefishin
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Re: Headed to Nails Creek on Sommerville....any advice?

Post by gonefishin »

Good place to Kayak fish, you can paddle across to Yegua Creek or around to the left of the boat ramp to Nails Creek. With all the rain we have been having the creeks may be flooded. Catfish and Bass can be picked up around the brush on the lake on stink bait, H&H Spinners and grape zooms. Watch the open areas to the right of the boat launch for birds and bait and you may be able to get on some white bass schools. Small spinners like Rooster tails and mepps will work or a yellow and white speck rig under a popping cork. If all else fails, cast net some shiners for the white bass. Take lots of Mosquito repellent.
Good Luck and good fishing.

P.S. Also don't pitch your tent under any trees or limbs, those stinging caterpillars are fierce this time of year