TexasKayakFisherman.com est. 2000

Kayak fishing the Lone Star State...

By sleepyTX
Date: Oct 22 - 23, Tentative Date
Stretch: Tahitian Village - Smithville 18 miles
Group: 5 or 6 committed, open invite

Well since the trip was cancelled due to all the rain last spring it is time to plan another river trip. I have decided to do the run from Tahitian Village to Smithville. This looks like it is an 18 mile run with a large island in a sharp bend about halfway. I've never paddled it myself but anyone that has is welcome to chime in with advice or information. After last springs floods i am hoping the river is in good shape.

In an effort to get an idea how the river is, I am volunteering to float /fish it extensivly over the next couple of months.
sleepyTX wrote:Date: Oct 22 - 23, Tentative Date
Stretch: Tahitian Village - Smithville 18 miles
Group: 5 or 6 committed, open invite

Well since the trip was cancelled due to all the rain last spring it is time to plan another river trip. I have decided to do the run from Tahitian Village to Smithville. This looks like it is an 18 mile run with a large island in a sharp bend about halfway. I've never paddled it myself but anyone that has is welcome to chime in with advice or information. After last springs floods i am hoping the river is in good shape.

In an effort to get an idea how the river is, I am volunteering to float /fish it extensivly over the next couple of months.

I replied on the old thread as I should be in for these dates. I'd also be up for a trip or two to check it out over the next couple months if you'd want some company.
Neskora,
I am not sure when I will be able to get on the river and when I do it will probably be LA Grange or Plum Park. Do to family obligations it may be at short notice. I'll be happy to post if I am going though. I usually use those two parks and paddle up river.
I really want to do this trip. Was at Buescher this past weekend, and drove into Smithville and checked out the river. Still slightly out of being clear, but looked awesome, especially compared to what is has looked like. Sounds like a good time of year, and a good plan. This will be 2 nights on the river or just one?
Redshad, Sorry for the long delay, yes there is parking under the bridge in Smithville. Smithville PDC usually runs a patrol through at night to keep things on the up and up.

Paddled LA Grange last weekend, fishing was poor but the river looks great.
It looks like we will be starting out as two groups Steveno is planning to put in on Friday, Oct 21 at 8 AM. His groping will paddle to the island about halfway and camp for two nights. The second group will put in Saturday, Oct 22 at 8 AM and meet the first group on the island. Both groups will paddle out to Smithville on Sunday.

Let me know if anyone is still interested
Trout in surf

When could we expect trout in the surf around the […]

Not much in the way of ideal yakkin conditions. T[…]

Jackson Kayak BITE $600

2019 Granite BITE. Selling to cull my fleet. Used[…]

Tarpon 140

I had the same issue. Bought a Malone trailer with[…]