John aka Milret

larry long shadows
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club
Location: East Houston May the wind be to your back when you Yak

John aka Milret

Post by larry long shadows »

We are losing another Colorado River Dawgs John Bond aka milret..retired and moved to Turkey a couple of years ago i got a message the other day from his daughter..John has that flesh eating disease
Attachments
FB_IMG_1622988326256.jpg
Last edited by larry long shadows on Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
imaoldmanyoungsalt

Re: John aka Milret

Post by imaoldmanyoungsalt »

Very sad to hear and that has to be a terrible way to go. What a horrible disease. I'll pray for him, his family and friends.
Hirsch
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Hirsch »

Talked to Firefly Yesterday. It seems the prognosis is improving and he may make it, though the recovery will be long.
larry long shadows
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Yes his daughter gave me and up date ..So my Dad is stubborn and he's a fighter. The doctors here met with a plastic surgeon and some other doctors from another hospital just to see if anyone is willing to even try to do what needs to be done to save him. It would require tissue regeneration and lots of skin grafts. He's apparently been getting better. They now have hope that if things continue the way they are right now, they may be able to start the reconstructive process in 3-4 weeks. We spoke to the surgeon and one of the ICU doctors. He is now hooked up to a vacuum of sorts to help his wounds heal. The surgeon has high hopes that as long as we can get him through these next 3-4 weeks, he will recover. It will be a long recovery, but he will recover. The ICU doctors give him a 60% chance right now. They did confirm that the infection is now gone.
Fishtolive

Post by Fishtolive »

Glad to hear that he is recovering.
Will Pray for TKF brother.
larry long shadows
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Well guys he didn't make it River Dawg Down...Michelle just posted up on her FB site a little while ago. "My dad lost his battle today. Please keep my family in your prayers as we make our way back to Turkey to be with my mom."
imaoldmanyoungsalt

Post by imaoldmanyoungsalt »

Very sad to hear that. Will send prayers for the family.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk