Lift question

FlounderPounder15

Lift question

Post by FlounderPounder15 »

I plan on possibly getting a lift on my truck in the next year or so. Depending on how much money I make in that time frame (high school student with a little help from mom and dad) i plan on a 3" or 6". I have a 2004 Fx4 and my two questions are what price should I be looking at and what is a good company to go with.

Thanks for the help!
SkunkKing

Re: Lift question

Post by SkunkKing »

If you're willing to make the drive my wife's best friends step dad owns Texas Trucks in Texas city. I leveled my F150 (2wd) and it was only $300 I believe. Not sure on a lift but you can check it out.
Attachments
uploadfromtaptalk1379215360135.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1379215326770.jpg
Slingshot
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by Slingshot »

we use Brazoria County Truck Outfitters. They do really good work, not sure about their pricing though.

http://bctruckoutfitters.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
FlounderPounder15

Post by FlounderPounder15 »

thanks for the fast replies. :D

Skunkking are those rockstars?
SkunkKing

Post by SkunkKing »

Yes sir!
EZ-E
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by EZ-E »

if your doing a lift your probally going with bigger tires. the thing to remember is when you start lifting trucks or jeeps a lot of other stuff gets affected ... especialy the taller you go... so the cost of the overall project will increase because you have to buy more parts than you planned to do the lift correctly. when you go bigger tires you can throw off the whole gearing of the truck & create transmission problems & the power band of the motor will be in the wrong range. you can create problems by over heating the tranny & your gas milage will go to the dumps. i would definitly recomend doing a regear depending on how tall a tire you go & your current gearing.

i have a jeep with 6" of lift running 33's with 3.73gears & i get about 180miles out of a 15 gallon tank.... & i had rebuild the tranny about 10,000 miles ago due to the previous owner driving the automatic tranny in over drive for the first 60,000 miles & over heating it.

hope this helps 8)
smokedcuda

Post by smokedcuda »

Its been awhile since I was in the market but SKYJAKER used o make some nice stuff. They are not the cheapest but they are good. But if you want to rum bigger tires, and you will once you lift it 6" bee sure and remember that once you get to a certain size the width of your rims will limit the tire size you can run. So make sure the tire size you want will fit on a 9.5" rim or whatever the rims width is you have.
jakec1

Post by jakec1 »

If you go 3" or less you can just use a leveling kit. I have a 2011 F150 Crew Cab with a 2" leveling kit and 35" Good Year Kevlar AT's. I will post some pics later. It looks excellent.

The ecoboost pushes those tires pretty well with the 3.53 rear end but that is just because of the massive amount of power that engine puts out... especially with the tuner i am running on it.

If you go 35" tires on your truck - you will probably need a new rear end.

If i were you I would consider a 2" level kit with not bigger then 305/70/r17's

That should be roughly 34" x 12". I will look great, you should still be able to pull something if you need to, and total cost will be low ($200 for the leveling kit + tires). Gives you about 2" increased ground clearance from the tires, and about 4" increase in overall height of the truck (2" from tires and 2" from the leveling kit).

I will try to post a few pics later.

Be prepared for single digit mpg. Bigger tire you go - worse mileage you will get.
Yak'Razy

Post by Yak'Razy »

Check out the ZONE lift kit... http://WWW.zoneoffroad.com.." onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. Very affordable... Big BEEFY parts... True 6" of lift... And regarded as a real off road lift kit (not just a street queen kit)... They've been getting very good reviews... That's what I would buy if I were getting a full suspension lift.

Right now I just have the blocks and leveling kit.

Got a little bit of "rear sag" going on right now... But only bad when I'm loaded in the rear.
Attachments
uploadfromtaptalk1380122208866.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1380122208866.jpg (25.67 KiB) Viewed 5792 times